Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
A little Question and Answer Thread.
Can deconverted revs state who revved them? 

The wiki is actually fairly vague on the matter, with specific wording on it open to interpretation. See bold

Quote:After you deconvert someone, ask them who converted them and whether they were a Head Revolutionary or a standard Rev. If they're willing and can remember (or can just dig through their message logs), you'll get a name, or at least some identifying features, of either a Head Rev to jail/banish/kill in the former case or a crew member to reconvert in the latter

I'll admit, after returning from hiatus, I've only played a handful of revolutionary rounds so I'm little green around the ears and unsure of the proper strats as I would with other antagonists. 

In this particular round, I found a clown early in the round who was revved, stunned him and brought him to security. He was very abusive, directly implying I'm shit at the game while in the process of deconverting. Whatever, he's a rev, I thought, and just told him to chill. 

The problem is that he continued to be abusive when the loyalty implant kicked in, calling me cunt, etc, which was not funny/very unclown like. 

I asked him who converted him, any hints. He immediately retorted that he didn't remember. This kind of implied that he didn't even bother to check his logs and was doing this to spite me. I decided that the abuse wasn't worth my time and brigged him, as his loyalty was worth nothing to me. 

I felt like ahelping, but I went directly to the wiki and found the above extract, so I didn't bother

I think I need a little more clarity on what the definition is of "willing". Was I in the wrong here?  ...was the clown? Should I have taken a different approach?
It seems the clown just wanted to be shit, as most bad clowns tend to do when they get the job. People are under no real strict code either way, so if they don't want to tell you they don't have to. The only thing loyalty implants do is flip the antag switch off and prevent it from turning on again, and some people don't like having the ability to break most rules taken away from them, even if it's your job to do that.

Brigging the clown may have been slightly overboard, but if someone is going to verbally abuse an officer even as a non-antag, they're just asking for you to do something to them.

granted maybe wait on an official admin answer as my word may not be worth shit
In May 2019, there was a new rules change announced on the Changelog that revs who got deconverted weren't allowed to tell who converted them. However, according to some mentors, it got reverted some time later. This was not announced on the log.

As the person who wrote that section, I can tell you that when I put down "if willing", I was thinking of both "f you i liked being a rev i ain't telling you to spite you" and "f you shitcurity i ain't telling" scenarios