Vengar's HOS application
Usual character name: Wilt Rangdow

BYOND username: Vengarr
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Vengarr
Recommended by (if applicable): OMJ
Goon servers you play: Goon1, very rarely Goon RP

Reason for application: I like playing security and hate it when we don't have a HOS.

Security experience (300 word minimum): I play Sec, Captain, and other head roles a lot. I'm not incredibly robust, but I try to be competent and apply common sense to help make the game run smoothly. I especially like using forensics to track down criminals--it's something a lot of Sec players ignore, but it makes for a lot of great play and (potentially) counter-play. I also prefer a managerial/command role than spending a lot of time chasing badguys. Even sec teams full of good, experienced players can really benefit from someone coordinating all the different Lone Rangers running around. Occasionally, they need someone reigning them in. 

I like to roleplay, but I don't really go for gimmicks. In my opinion, the best Heads are the ones who help enable good play/roleplay from others. Trying to force a gimmick is often worse than sitting back and playing off what other people are doing that round. I do like trials, though. Trials are fun, permabrigging is not. Petty criminals should be cycled out of the brig quickly, unless they're repeatedly causing problems for people. I don't like executing people either, since its just a really boring conclusion and a waste of potential. My policy is that it's better (read: more fun) to draft captured antagonists in some capacity, or at the very worst, borg or exile. Electropacks exist for a reason!

Tickets also exist for a reason. I try to encourage fellow sec players to write tickets and fines for minor/funny stuff, when things aren't too hairy. People enjoy getting them and reading them as much as we enjoy giving them out. Win/win.

Answer two or more of the following:

What advice would you give to other sec players?

Communication is the absolute key to victory. It's terrifying how many times per round that an antag is called out and never followed up on. If you are constantly in communication and announcing your movements, its a lot easier to manage the chaos.

Following up on that, Sec really desperately requires a shot-caller. The Head of Security or Captain needs to be on the ball managing chaotic situations, or even the best sec officers won't be able to stem the tide. Being good at sec is less about being robust and about how well you can read and react to the information being thrown at you.

What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?

Biggest one is a way to mark people for arrest without having to go to a computer, and the ability to see a person's arrest warrant (criminal record) by Examining them with Sechuds. It's a chaotic game, people get set to Arrest and completely forgotten about after five minutes. 

Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.

Clown in Sec
The captain is dead
AI, call it

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
So something to point out, your word count for sec experience comes up to 267 words.

With that aside, I can't really recall at the moment any particular instances where you've stood out to me, but it could probably be timing stuff and mediocre rounds. I do support your enthusiasm and interest in using alternative means of dealing with captured antagonists, however!

I'm sitting on the fence with this, I might change it later if I see ya in game and you show what it takes.
I deleted some shit about Goon RP because no one plays or cares about that server anymore. Here are new words:

One time, old man Jenkins juked me so hard out of my shoes that I could never wear socks for the rest of my life. It was extremely traumatic, and I redoubled my efforts to never be UnRobust again. I learned to packet hack into the armory to get all the Good Shit, so that the next time he tries that flippy matrix shit I can hit him with a 40mm grenade.

I don’t even think he was an antagonist that round. I just caught him trying to break into sec and he did some John Wick shit to escape. Never Again
Never had an issue with Vengarr in game or out of. He's been a regular player for a whole now I think and I will think he's earned this opportunity to apply so good luck to him.
(01-21-2020, 05:01 PM)Vengarr Wrote: I deleted some shit about Goon RP because no one plays or cares about that server anymore. Here are new words:

One time, old man Jenkins juked me so hard out of my shoes that I could never wear socks for the rest of my life. It was extremely traumatic, and I redoubled my efforts to never be UnRobust again. I learned to packet hack into the armory to get all the Good Shit, so that the next time he tries that flippy matrix shit I can hit him with a 40mm grenade.

I don’t even think he was an antagonist that round. I just caught him trying to break into sec and he did some John Wick shit to escape. Never Again

i timed out like five or six prones and juked out an entire clip unarmed in a one tile long highway then did the limbo around three people (read-army crawled between their legs) who were packing the area (manta’s interrogation room). truly the stupidest way I’ve pantsed someone in game. 
also pantsed three other people in the area and juked out an armed officer while sprinting into their chest to open sec’s door.

Wilt’s super reliable and has been for some time. They excelled in their trial HoS round a few months ago. Would be a model HoS temperament wise. I actually recommended them for HoS months ago- glad to see you applying
I do enjoy seeing you when you play on regular Goon/2. You should apply for mentor as well!
My favorite Sec round ever was a couple of weeks ago. OMJ was the HOS, but he committed suicide very early. So I stole his ID and proclaimed myself acting-HOS.

Right on cue, a scientist acid-bombed the Bar. Fluorosulfuric, not LSD. There's a bunch of serious injuries and at least two deaths. He's quickly arrested. What to do? With nothing urgent going on, we decide to hold a trial. I sit as the Judge, a sec officer serves as Prosecutor, and of course, the Clown is the defense attorney. 

Surprisingly, the Clown puts up a spirited defense, arguing that the testimony of the deceased is inadmissible since it was given by clones. Since a clone is a copy of the dead person, memories of their past life is merely hearsay. It's a decent argument, but there are plenty of living witnesses to the crime. Also, his fingerprints are on the criminal beaker assembly.

I asked the Jury (the entire station) to turn in their verdict via PDA vote. He was convicted by an overwhelming margin. I considered the punishment, and decided he would be stripped of his Scientist badge and forced to toil in the Space Mines for the round. The clown thanked me for the merciful verdict, as people had been chanting BORG in the gallery during the trial (forcing me to bang my gavel several times). He collected his client and teleported off to the mining station.

Where he started to die. His client had been a vampire the whole time.
Wilt is a good security officer and I would trust them with the job. +1
Having seen Wilt in action I will be sayong yes on this one, they know what they're doing and have a good attitude for the job. +1
(02-04-2020, 09:47 AM)Vengarr Wrote: My favorite Sec round ever was a couple of weeks ago. OMJ was the HOS, but he committed suicide very early. So I stole his ID and proclaimed myself acting-HOS.

Right on cue, a scientist acid-bombed the Bar. Fluorosulfuric, not LSD. There's a bunch of serious injuries and at least two deaths. He's quickly arrested. What to do? With nothing urgent going on, we decide to hold a trial. I sit as the Judge, a sec officer serves as Prosecutor, and of course, the Clown is the defense attorney. 

Surprisingly, the Clown puts up a spirited defense, arguing that the testimony of the deceased is inadmissible since it was given by clones. Since a clone is a copy of the dead person, memories of their past life is merely hearsay. It's a decent argument, but there are plenty of living witnesses to the crime. Also, his fingerprints are on the criminal beaker assembly.

I asked the Jury (the entire station) to turn in their verdict via PDA vote. He was convicted by an overwhelming margin. I considered the punishment, and decided he would be stripped of his Scientist badge and forced to toil in the Space Mines for the round. The clown thanked me for the merciful verdict, as people had been chanting BORG in the gallery during the trial (forcing me to bang my gavel several times). He collected his client and teleported off to the mining station.

Where he started to die. His client had been a vampire the whole time.
beret’s better off in your hands-that’s an awesome round
Approved!