Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Small Roleplaying related improvements that won't drive Azungar mad
Ways for your hair to get messed up and require a cut.

I'm not sure if growth would work, but maybe hat hair from wearing a hat or helmet too long?
Clothing sizes

Small, medium, and large. Set your size on the character sheet.

By default, all clothes on station are mediums, and your spawn clothes are your set size. Wearing the wrong size has flavor text about it looking tight or snug on you.

Clothes sizes can be altered when manufactured, or using scissors and a suture on them.
Good suggestions, keep them rolling in. I am slowly currently working on sorting motives out and also doing some efforts to get more decorative items crafted.
Motives change has been great, though a tad too aggressive in my opinion. The cleanliness motive seemed to go down quite rapidly but I don’t really know what affects that. Perhaps it could even stay the way that it is if washing machines got buffed to be considerably quick and maybe adding deodorant as a useable item to keep the stink at bay. Maybe also makes washing your hands boost the motive a bit as well.
I've nudged the numbers around a bit more and in fact yes, cleaning your hands does raise your hygiene motive already. Washing machines are incredibly fast now as well.
(01-29-2020, 02:33 AM)Azungar Wrote: I've nudged the numbers around a bit more and in fact yes, cleaning your hands does raise your hygiene motive already. Washing machines are incredibly fast now as well.
God bless.

Clicking the motive icons should either provide protips on how to take care of the issue or do it for you. e.g. clicking the toilet while on top of a toilet will *piss for you. Clicking the Zzz will use sleep-in if you're in a bed.

I'd also suggest that the indicators start at 0 and increase to 100 (or even higher?). So 0% hungry is not hungry at all, 100% hungry is starving, above that Bad Things happen. Over 100% bladder gives you an increasingly high chance to just piss yourself and makes you slow/stinky.
(01-29-2020, 11:44 AM)Zamujasa Wrote:
(01-29-2020, 02:33 AM)Azungar Wrote: I've nudged the numbers around a bit more and in fact yes, cleaning your hands does raise your hygiene motive already. Washing machines are incredibly fast now as well.
God bless.

Clicking the motive icons should either provide protips on how to take care of the issue or do it for you. e.g. clicking the toilet while on top of a toilet will *piss for you. Clicking the Zzz will use sleep-in if you're in a bed.

I'd also suggest that the indicators start at 0 and increase to 100 (or even higher?). So 0% hungry is not hungry at all, 100% hungry is starving, above that Bad Things happen. Over 100% bladder gives you an increasingly high chance to just piss yourself and makes you slow/stinky.

When you think about it, it almost makes more sense that way calling them motives. If you don't have the motive to do something you don't do it. But if the motive is there, very strong, you just gotta do it my dude!!!
(01-26-2020, 03:13 PM)Carbadox Wrote: Motives change has been great, though a tad too aggressive in my opinion. The cleanliness motive seemed to go down quite rapidly but I don’t really know what affects that. Perhaps it could even stay the way that it is if washing machines got buffed to be considerably quick and maybe adding deodorant as a useable item to keep the stink at bay. Maybe also makes washing your hands boost the motive a bit as well.

(01-29-2020, 11:44 AM)Zamujasa Wrote:
God bless.

They actually already give pro tips on how to for example pee, so that's already done. I could see if the clicking them to do the specific thing would also be an option, they're hud elements, not buttons so I've no idea if huds inherit that off somewhere else. Either way, it would be doable.

I'm not 100 % sure if I prefer it going that way, I think I'd almost prefer it to go from 100 % down to 0 as I was planning the icons to actually gradually empty out instead of just changing color. But maybe?
(01-29-2020, 03:28 PM)Azungar Wrote: They actually already give pro tips on how to for example pee, so that's already done. I could see if the clicking them to do the specific thing would also be an option, they're hud elements, not buttons so I've no idea if huds inherit that off somewhere else. Either way, it would be doable.

I'm not 100 % sure if I prefer it going that way, I think I'd almost prefer it to go from 100 % down to 0 as I was planning the icons to actually gradually empty out instead of just changing color. But maybe?

100 down to 0 makes sense for all of the motives except the toilet. That should logically be inverted. It should also be inverted to make the Ui inconsistent for a laugh.

In all seriousness though, there should be some kind of visual warning that you're getting dangerously low. Like a KAPOW background image on the motives you need to fill if they're < 5% or something. I find it difficult to know where I'm at in the current system given that a gradual change in color is just ... very gradual.
It seems that baths don't actually satisfy the hygiene need, only thirst and possibly also hunger.