Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Locker - Crate - Box [Hotkey for open/close]
As the title hopefully displays my point rather well - I'd find it rather useful for a hotkey like [^ + left-click] for example to be implemented which then opens or closes the crate on the specific tile clicked on. Way too often I find myself struggeling with opening or closing crates that are filled to the brim. Right clicking them will lag you out and there is not always enough space to sufficiently move it around and find your way around this issue.
I am particularly thinking that this would improve the jobs of janitor, QM, miner, mechanic and god-forbid botanists. Dealing with large quantity of items is sometimes more of a hassle than being fun. smile
Under the "Local" tab in the top right is an "Open / Close" verb that will toggle the closest locker/crate.

That being said some kind of in-game way to do it without crashing yourself from right click would be good.
move the crate onto the tile and click it during the glide animation. it'll close and the timing is very forgiving.
Never use right click. Use P hotkey. Right click always fucks me over.
Also crtl+shift+alt click to get a nice list of items in the status tab for not only searching through piles, but getting the ability to close or open the container