Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Replace Cold buff in food
probably fixed these being Bad, they should only proc temperature changes when helpful now
Hmmm.

So now the buffs work a bit like the teporone chemical, but for their respective properties, i.e: Cold food will try bring your temp back to baseline when hot, and visa versa?

Not the exact implementation I had in mind, but seems interesting nonetheless. Will give it a test later on tonight.
Hey, been testing this. This is much much better, and indeed regulates the body temp to baseline instead of ultra cooling / heating.

Just as a caveat, i'd be totally OK with some outlier recipes (such as El Diablo, etc) retaining it's original function of boiling the face off you, but that should be innate with the food itself, separate to the buff.

All in all, thanks MBC!
(01-22-2020, 05:05 AM)Sundance Wrote: Hey, been testing this. This is much much better, and indeed regulates the body temp to baseline instead of ultra cooling / heating.

Just as a caveat, i'd be totally OK with some outlier recipes (such as El Diablo, etc) retaining it's original function of boiling the face off you, but that should be innate with the food itself, separate to the buff.

All in all, thanks MBC!

I agree that makes a lot of sense.
[Didn't see second page, brb]

(01-20-2020, 09:07 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Oh, also I really like the idea of hot and cold food having particle effects to show they are hot or cold

Like steam coming off the hot stuff, or fog from cold things

Upwards squiggly lines for hot, sideways for cold?