Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Suplex Nerf
I love a good suplex as much as the next spaceman, but I think it needs a bit of a nerf. 

Just before, I got into a fight were I got off a suplex and easily chained a ton of them, because the shorter stun on the suplexer allows them to very reliably grab the other person with disarm intent before they can get away or shake the other off. Had the other player not had additional powers, I could have continued the stun lock indefinitely. I've been in positions where I've done this to others and had it done to me more than once, and for such a basic ability everyone has it feels too strong, and it's not fun to be on the receiving end of.

Initially I wondered if it was worth reducing the stun time to a suplexee, but Balarak also made a good suggestion of instead removing the stun lock of subsequent suplexes so that the first one in a chain was still effective, without being overpowered in its ability to begin a simultaneous damage/stun loop.
yes plz, my first ever encounter with suplex was as a wee spaceman who had no idea what was going on and being stuck in eternal stunlock with no chance of escaping was definitely not fun.
I thought the person that gets suplexed gets up before the person that suplexed them so you can run away from them?
(01-20-2020, 09:30 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I thought the person that gets suplexed gets up before the person that suplexed them so you can run away from them?

Nah, the person who is suplexed stays down for about a second or two longer - more than enough time to get them back into a disarm intent grab. From my experience, the person who is suplexed gets up a split second before they get flipped again.
Add a small window of time where if the person being suplexed is able to flip, they can do a reversal
A suplex reversal is always cool yes
i changeyd the stun numbers a little to bring them closer together, lets see how that goes
I like the idea of pressing R with a 2-4 frame window to reverse, because R stands for Reverse