Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the rules.
So, i just got fucked over in a syndie round where i had gotten the disk cause it was just lying around in maintenence, when i returned i found General Yod camping the satellite with the mining pod which i could neither destroy nor get to move, since pods can just turn around and not have to move, i attempted to shoot at it and it didn't work since i had a revolver.

he drilled me to death with the pod when i tried to get inside for like the 8th time, then he took all my shit and invaded the syndicate shuttle, tossed the audio log out and looted all the lockers and shit.

i adminhelped him later, because this is pretty shitty and in my eyes qualifies as metagaming.

an admin contacted me and said something along the lines of " that was pretty underhanded and shitty but i can't really do anything about it since it's not breaking the rules"

but then he spawned me as a generic operative, but i had spawned without the code in my memory like a regular operative and could not use the disk he spawned, he had to look up the code and it took a few minutes, when i finally was able to enter it the round ended.

That guy was pretty shitty.

----------------------------------------

I'd like to suggest that the rules for metagaming be adjusted to include people camping the shuttle and shit like that. it's really bad and fucks everyone over. frown
I had a very lengthy discussion with a few admins when something shitty like this happened to me. Anyone who goes into the syndicate shuttle was, back then, liable to be super ultra banned because it is incredibly shitty.

once the syndies have the disk and are teleported home, they shouldn't have to worry about being shot on their own shuttle
That is pretty shit. If it was one guy on his own that wouldn't be too bad as you can take him but a pod plopping its huge metallic ass on the satellite is shit since you can't even shove it.
http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/wiki/Ga ... _Emergency

It does say there that anyone camping the shuttle is usually punished for metagaming. But it isn't made clear on the rules page.
Conor12 Wrote:http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/wiki/Gam..._Emergency

It does say there that anyone camping the shuttle is usually punished for metagaming. But it isn't made clear on the rules page.

Just to make the point clearer for anyone unable to see the chunk of text explaining about shuttle camping on the link.

Quote:Anyone seen camping the shuttle and waiting for syndis to return with the disk will likely be gibbed. Just be sensible with it, please, it's a very lame way to ruin a round for successful syndicate agents.
It's one thing to head there and try to cut the syndies off if you know they have the disk. Hell, if they have the disk and make it into space that's basically all you can do. But it's another(shitty) thing to just immediately go and sit there as soon as you know syndies are around. Although: there were things you could have done to get him out of the way. You could have used the RPG or an egun or syndicate pipebombs to damage him enough to force him to move, or come back in an armed pod of your own and exploited the fact that while he was tough he was also a slow as fuck pod with what is essentially a melee weapon to shoot at him from range and then slip in when he had to move to attack or avoid you. Or you could have boarded him and messed with his systems until he was forced to move. Trying to block you off was essentially fair game, especially since he didn't do what I've seen some people do and build a shitload of r-walls so that it would take you 10-15 minutes just to tear them down. Still, actually raiding the shuttle was shitty as hell.
Fair game, nothing. This is stupid behavior that should be discouraged through banning. People who worry about winning this much are boring, game-ruining jerks.
by the way the revolver actually does damage pods a fucktonne it's that the Mining pod is ridiculously sturdy

Also I've seen people (read: myself) plant proximity bombs under backpacks at the shuttle pod on shroom, which was hilariously detonated by someone trying to break in and sit on the shuttle, but y'know setting little traps and shit isn't really TOO bad. Honestly nowdays I think even acknowledging the syndie shuttle teleporter is there sucks majorly and I wish the Syndicate Hand Teleporter brought you home as long as you stood still using it for a certain amount of time instead of some stupid as hell teleporter floating nearby

really, stand on the teleporter pad in the syndicate shuttle, teleport to a random space square nearby to the station, and you can teleport back whenever but you must stay still for e.g. 30 seconds
Weavel Wrote:really, stand on the teleporter pad in the syndicate shuttle, teleport to a random space square nearby to the station, and you can teleport back whenever but you must stay still for e.g. 30 seconds
Nah, that'd be a bit overpowered, I think. What about giving the syndicate pod a device that allows it to warp back to the syndicate hangar immediately? I don't think there's a beacon there it can go back to, so that would let the syndies quickly escape back to their shuttle as long as they could get in the pod.
Maybe the syndicate teleporter could be changed so that in order to find the syndicate station, you have to hold one in your hand, activate it, and then leave the station Z-level. That way there is no teleporter that can be rigged/camped out, but the syndicates still need to flee to space after they get the disk and they can't instantly return to the shuttle from the station without a suit and jetpack.
Quote:You could have used the RPG or an egun or syndicate pipebombs to damage him enough to force him to move, or come back in an armed pod of your own and exploited the fact that while he was tough he was also a slow as fuck pod with what is essentially a melee weapon to shoot at him from range and then slip in when he had to move to attack or avoid you.

the other operatives had taken the RPG and i never got an Egun because the disk just spawned in disposals and i just picked it up and flew off to the satellite.

besides this, i was equipped with the bare minimum for a syndie, a revolver and some bullets, i'm not gonna complain about this much more, but i would love to see a change, it doesn't have to actually be coded into the game or anything.

just add that it's bad to camp the shuttle in the rules is my suggestion.
Arm the syndicate satelite with an absurd number of automated turrets. Make them only ignore people with a microbomb implant or the syndicate pod. Make the syndicate pod only boardable by people with agent cards. Problem almost solved.
dunno about other admins but i woulda blown that jerk up and slapped him around a bit for doing that
It's okay to cut you off, and maybe that's what he did. He heard you had the disk, warped to the qm beacon, and got there first.

It's entirely possible.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:It's okay to cut you off, and maybe that's what he did. He heard you had the disk, warped to the qm beacon, and got there first.

It's entirely possible.

Nobody knew we had the disk, he just plopped his pod right in front of the door and waited for us forever.