Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Allow a short window to bring someone back to life
(01-18-2020, 03:17 PM)polivilas Wrote:
(01-18-2020, 12:44 PM)Technature Wrote: Apply Atropine.

Atropine significantly lowers your chance of death.  Just don't use it on someone who isn't already dying, cause it will start putting them in crit.

Atropine, at least from what I'm seeing in 2016 code, does NOT change anything that has to deal with random death-chance - in fact, no chem does. So unless something was changed, your solution is moot.

As someone who has been killed with atropine, I can tell you that it takes MUCH longer to die while it's in your system.
That's because atropine keeps you in low crit.

imo one solution to this is just adjusting or removing the "random chance to outright die", as there's already brain damage (which will kill you if you're in crit too long)
(01-19-2020, 02:24 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: That's because atropine keeps you in low crit.

imo one solution to this is just adjusting or removing the "random chance to outright die", as there's already brain damage (which will kill you if you're in crit too long)

So would that make the only way to die is from brain death or explosives?
(01-19-2020, 02:37 PM)KikiMofo Wrote:
(01-19-2020, 02:24 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: That's because atropine keeps you in low crit.

So would that make the only way to die is from brain death or explosives?
There is still -500% health instadeath (oxy dmg counts for half)
I feel removing the random chance from death while keeping the 500% damage death guarantee would be a decent compromise. Doctors have a relatively decent way of keeping track of how much time they have, but it still has "You didn't feed the subject Mannitol, it's kinda your fault for letting brain damage kill him" going for it.
I forgot that -500% health is death. Well shit that would explain some things.
(01-18-2020, 12:44 PM)Technature Wrote: Apply Atropine.

Atropine significantly lowers your chance of death.  Just don't use it on someone who isn't already dying, cause it will start putting them in crit.

Atropine is way less dangerous than it used to be. If you inject someone with it when they're healthy the worst that will happen is annoying dizziness and probably a bit of TOX. That said, I find it extremely effective and use it any time I see someone with 100+ oxy damage (and I don't have perf on hand). It brings their damage into the range of epinephrine's greatest effectiveness and normal medical chems can then stabilize from there. I have never had a patient die on me after I injected them with it. It's good stuff.
Hmm, an idea: What if, upon being revived via defibrillator, it caused organ damage? That way it couldn't be abused indefinitely to keep reviving someone.
I think the chance to die could be higher at the extremes and lower/nonexistant at the lower amounts? I don't really see a problem with the current system though. Maybe it's a bit frustrating to get a (really uncommon) early death roll, but I think generally the System Is Fine Now.

Once again, I like that patients dying while in deep crit is a Very Real Threat, but you can still fix them out of it if you're skilled and a little lucky. If you could just revive patients you let die right then and there, then it'd take all the tension out of being a doctor and healing people. Currently seeing a patient die as you're treating them is a bad feeling, I'd personally prefer if that feeling stayed like that. It makes actually saving people more rewarding.

If the death roll were to be removed, I'd rather the "you die" amount of damage be more like -300% or even -200% rather than -500%, that seems too survivable.