Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Possible buffs for reinforced/heavy borgs
Heavy borgs are a straight downgrade in most respects. The gains in durability are heavily outweighed by the loss in speed, and since borgs are mostly likely to be killed by being stunned and debrained, the durability gain ends up not coming into play anyway. It ends up being a terrible newbie trap.

I suggest removing the speed penalty entirely, making heavy borgs a straight upgrade, with the tradeoff being the extra materials/time invested. 

Alternatively, heavy borgs could get access to "Heavy" modules with added items and slots compared to regular/light borgs. Essentially trading speed for power and utility. This would obviously require more work though.
I absolutely agree. There is no reason to go beyond basic chassis at the current moment.
Yeah I always feel bad that I cant really upgrade the borgs much when building the borg bodies because everything outside of standard parts and treads are downgrades. As a roboticist that loves to borg and treat their borgs special its hard to do this when you dont really have a way to build them special.
Personally I'd like to see borgs bodies and modules being more connected, with limb and chassis selection playing a bigger role into what a cyborg can do.

For instance, a heavy chassis could be required to support stuff like an internal fluid reservoir that can be used for chems and meds, cleaning solution, water and nutrients, or beverages depending on what purpose the bot was being built for
Being built as a heavy borg is fucking torture. Someone took my brain after I died and put it in one and even with treads, oil and a speed upgrade I was maybe human walk speed.

If someone wants a borg to die they just use killswitch or tasers or something. Armor really doesn't help much.
Perhaps heavier armor should provide a projectile reflection effect?
Reflecting projectiles does nothing to address the torture that currently is being a heavy borg and honestly doesn't do much to protect it either. That's what shield and recovery upgrades are for. The only piece I ever heavy borg is the head in order to protect the brain and I don't know if that's even situationally useful anymore given the recent changes to how borgs die.

Having parts have more of an impact on modules/utilities and all but I hear borg code is kind of torture. Maybe in addition to removing or greatly reducing the speed impediments heavier borgs could just get more upgrade slots to start with depending on their overall weight, that seems like a.... relatively easy addition. I like the idea of light borgs being faster but currently the difference is just too huge.