Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wearable fuel tank for flamethrowers
The original idea for this was to have a construction recipe where you would be able to connect a some rods, an oxygen tank and 2 fuel tanks into a wearable, fuel tank frame back slot item that would double the fuel storage capacity of flamethrower as well as maybe adding a cool new way gotcha fuck around with chems (IE, having 2 fuel tanks would split the fuel consumption in two and perhaps finding a new way to mix two chems at the same time). 

However, fearing that it would be abused by chems nerds, perhaps it would be more sensible if an item like that was made exclusive for the firebrand class of nuke ops.
On the contrary, I don't think this would be that abusable - you're forgoing your back slot for extra firepower, pun intended. I'd like this.
I dunna, just the thought of some nerd with an 800u sorium/liquid dark matter flamethrower kinda scares me. And that’s for someone not sciencey like me. Besides, I know Nuke Ops is like Gannets little project so consider this an indirect suggestion to him as well
Backpacks are your primary repository of things that keep you alive and from dying. As such I think giving up your back slot for more power is fine.
Ditto, Back Slot = Best Slot
I had suggested this awhile ago for the syndie flamethrower guy to have but yeah it would be tough to balance not having a backpack
I have to say I agree that this should maybe be limited to the firebrand, I can not at all think of how long someone could evade capture by simply spewing out LDM and other shit for 800 or so units...

Honestly I'd like to see LDM and Sorium both just explode in flamer fuel tanks and never be usable again in flamers, they're so annoyingly difficult to counter or do much against and take almost no effort at all to produce.

as for those who are talking about the backpack slot thing, miners for go it all the time and still manage their shit, backpack slot isn't all that great since the only thing that rivals the backpack is a jetpack since you can use pocket tanks for air. Also, fanny packs exist, and you can very easily fit all your shit in one fanny pack/backpack with enough boxes and proper management. oh and stealth storages too
If it was only for Firebrand then it would only have the original flamer juice in it that it starts with because syndie shuttle doesnt have a chemdispenser unless they like went to the station or outside of station to get at the chemdispensors out there
I think I'm pretty firmly against this for anyone but firebrand. Remember, you can stick anything back-pack sized in your chest with a bit of surgery. So, unless you make a specific exception for this, any nerd with just a little healing meds and alcohol/op table could put the extended tanks in his chest and you wouldn't even see the sprite. And I know that if I had this option and I rolled firebrand I'd probably end up sticking my backpack in my chest every time so I wouldn't sacrifice any space for my extended tanks.
(01-20-2020, 09:08 PM)phyvo Wrote: I think I'm pretty firmly against this for anyone but firebrand. Remember, you can stick anything back-pack sized in your chest with a bit of surgery. So, unless you make a specific exception for this, any nerd with just a little healing meds and alcohol/op table could put the extended tanks in his chest and you wouldn't even see the sprite. And I know that if I had this option and I rolled firebrand I'd probably end up sticking my backpack in my chest every time so I wouldn't sacrifice any space for my extended tanks.

Awesome. A good reason to use the syndie shuttle medbay finally, other than treads.
I definitely think that a backpack fuel repository would be amazing to have.

Based on what others have said in the thread so far, two versions should exist:

The makeshift tank and the Syndicate tank. The makeshift is made from fuel tanks and can only be filled with welding fuel - trying to put anything else in there would give the message "You notice that everything but the welding fuel has spilled from the tanks. Huh." or something. The Syndicate tank, on the other hand, doesn't do that - so, go hog wild with whatever hellsprays you wanna put in your Syndicate Tank. Should only be available to nukies OR possibly traitor scientists/engineers.
(01-21-2020, 12:25 PM)aft2001 Wrote: I definitely think that a backpack fuel repository would be amazing to have.

Based on what others have said in the thread so far, two versions should exist:

The makeshift tank and the Syndicate tank. The makeshift is made from fuel tanks and can only be filled with welding fuel - trying to put anything else in there would give the message "You notice that everything but the welding fuel has spilled from the tanks. Huh." or something. The Syndicate tank, on the other hand, doesn't do that - so, go hog wild with whatever hellsprays you wanna put in your Syndicate Tank. Should only be available to nukies OR possibly traitor scientists/engineers.

This is a great idea, however I don't really know how I feel about traitors being able to get it, maybe if there's some way to limit it's frequency and encourage more "roleplay" around it.