Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goon 1 incentives
This is an idea I just had, and I'm not sure how I feel about it myself, but I thought it would be a good thread to make so people can discuss it. The idea is to give some sort of incentive to playing Goon 1, such as a small amount of additional spacebucks or somesuch. Even just, say, five people joining rp 1 after burning their spacebucks on secret hints would be enough to take it from numbers like 7 players to 12, and that would encourage even more people to join. The problem with goon 1 really is the negative feedback loops of people not joining, and giving people a reason to when they might not otherwise could be a way to try to mitigate that.
I think it could easily do a 2x spacebux, considering rounds last twice as long in my experience smile
Good idea but maybe not exactly in the way you suggested. Quality not quantity. I’d prefer just 5-8 folks who are all interacting instead of 15 each sitting at their console or chemdispenser all round. I don’t think additional space bux would exactly attract the role playing kind and maybe more of the secret chem nerd kind.

But the idea for proper goals or incentives to encourage people to roleplay would be great, as currently regular jobs don’t really have the capacity for roleplay gimmicks. The only time that really seems to work out is with head of staff positions or antag roles.

Guess one of those incentives would be to make more “in character” additions EG. Fixing motives so that they actually work, adding break times during the shift to encourage more out of work interactions etc. Just small additions that wouldn’t require any work but would make the rounds have more personality.
Doesn't it say somewhere in the game to take breaks on your own to encourage RP?

Considering some of the jobs, scheduled break time wouldn't necessarily work well (If a major injury happens, medbays 20 minute break is 3 minutes now).
How about having a few themed missions for every station. Maybe an event where Destiny has crashed and needs repairs or Cog 1 is going to be assaulted by a force of mutant monkebeeys in 2-3 hours time.
(01-16-2020, 11:24 AM)Wisecrack34 Wrote: How about having a few themed missions for every station. Maybe an event where Destiny has crashed and needs repairs or Cog 1 is going to be assaulted by a force of mutant monkebeeys in 2-3 hours time.

Add a zombie invasion game mode with infection and barricading and I'll show up at Goon1
Yeah, some random variations beyond just the type of antag would be cool for #1.
The sort of stuff that only really shows up on special events usually that Goon 2 would have too quick of a pace and too lose of a rule set to perform
Disaster rounds on Goon1 would be awesome