Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Random and constant crashing with unidentifiable cause.
I've had this problem all day and have had no luck in resolving it by myself. I've tried multiple restarts of my computer, the game, I updated Byond to stable and then back to beta as well as clearing my cache.

The things that seemed to have an impact was server population, it happened drastically less on RP1 with 7 people and almost all the time on Goon2 with 30 people. Interacting with tools seems to be a possibility as well. Doesnt happen what so ever in the pre round.

Any help or advice would be great

Edit: Add opening backpacks, picking up tools, putting on equipment and opening boxes to the list.
My game has occasionally hung, and reconnecting just gives me a black screen. Is this your problem, too? I have to restart my entire client.
I have the same exact issue as cyberTripping, so it's possibly related. However it typically occurs just at random, such as when I'm walking somewhere. It happens both when I'm playing as a borg/AI and as a regular crewmember.

For additional info, I myself am playing on a Windows 10 machine. Not sure if that has something to do with it.
(01-16-2020, 05:28 PM)aft2001 Wrote: I have the same exact issue as cyberTripping, so it's possibly related. However it typically occurs just at random, such as when I'm walking somewhere. It happens both when I'm playing as a borg/AI and as a regular crewmember.

For additional info, I myself am playing on a Windows 10 machine. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

This is also my experience. Completely random, windows 10. I think the last time it happened, the radio chat continued to update when the game hung.
Only with the Byond loading screen where an ad usually is. It will flash, go black but load the game in the end.