Sebastian2203 HoS Application
Usual character name: Abel Kosicky 
BYOND username: Sebastian2203
Discord username : Steven2203
Recommended by:
Goon servers you play: #2

Reason for application: 
I am ambitious to become a HoS on a 2D fart game simulator, yes.
SS13 has a lot of chaos and disorder going on during a typical round, I take it as a challenge.
And a bigger challenge for me would to play the position of somebody who is supposed to fight that chaos.
HoS requires me to be good at communicating with people, I wish to try my hand at that.

Security experience (300 word minimum):
I will be honest and I probably won´t match the word minimum.
I have been playing since 2012 and I have been mostly playing as antag, rarely as a security officer.

My experience so far has been nothing special or note worthy.
I have survived a nuke ops round, (by luck).
I have been absorbed by a Captain inside his office.
I have played Russian roulette with some assistant and lost sometime in 2017. He then took all of my possessions.
And that´s all I remember. Some of my rounds have been uneventful.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players? Let the antags make the game fun as long as they are not on killing spree.
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? Arresting barber for assaulting me, then making him count to sixty in chat.
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players? None I would think out of my head.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer. I become more of a pack animal when there is a full security team with HoS at the station. I try to stay with some other sec off and generally do the same thing they are doing. When I am alone, I tend to be kinda rogue not really focusing on antags and having fun at the bar.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions :
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13. 
    Punch the clown, get the crown.
    Punch the cop, get the flop.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run? I would like to be an annoying tax collector, hopefully sparking mutiny and declaration of independence.
  • Draw a picture! [Image: 641251cad04be7138c46af22a88e9548.png]
Previous bans :
Plenty of bans from around 2012.
I even had a permanent ban for saying the n word and breaking some no-bigotry rules, being creepy and more.
I don't mean this to come off as abrasive, but I have never once seen you as a Security Officer, and the 300 word count minimum for Security Experience is not a suggestion, it's a requirement. I would strongly recommend that you play a lot more Security, so you can both write 300 words worth of experience, and have that experience be a compelling argument towards you deserving the rank of Head of Security.

It's a no from me.
Even if word count didn't matter much, the experience listed isn't exactly Sec experience as much as it is SS13 experience.

You need to consider things you learned unique to Security. Everything you listed could be from rounds as an assistant.

Please make a new application when you have the experience to fill the word count that's related to Sec work.
Can't recall that I've EVER seen you around...

that said, you should definitely play lots more security and put a little more effort into the word count of your next app
Representing the Evening PST, I have never seen you as sec officer.

I'm also very curious as to what "I have been mostly playing as antag" means.

Although, I'm suspecting/hoping you mean "Antag side of the sec vs antag dynamic"
you gotta play more sec
I've seen ya in-game alright (I ate ye as the ling HoS, if you recall), for a few rounds I was observing you.

Your heart's in the right place, and you genuinely have a good work ethic of communicating back and forth. But I noticed from that communication that there's a few gaps in knowledge that HoS material should know, particularly around "danger" assessing, like "Is this person a danger to the station" and how you should react to that appropriately.

So no for now, but do not be disheartened. Play more, interact with the crew face to face, be a little more assertive in your role as an officer (you're the guy with the guns, don't forget that!) and I personally think you'll make a great fit.
Imo, hard no. I just had an experience with you that left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. It ended up with me demoting you from security for the round. Basically, George Hayhurst decided to mess around with me and block me in my office on round spawn. It was annoying, but whatever. I can deal with it. We shoved each other for a bit and he took it too far and stun-locked me. I told him to cut it out and was further stunlocked and then cuffed by one of you. Again, I told you to cut the shit and uncuff me and you ignored me, saying something along the lines of "you aren't loyal to NT", just because I had changed my job title for the round (I was the Head of Security.) You both dragged me around for five minutes before deciding it would be funny to "staple a clown mask" onto my head. Another officer stepped in and uncuffed me and I demoted you for what you did. You didn't seem to take any of it on board and I gathered that you didn't think you had done anything wrong. When it comes down to it, stun-locking a fellow officer and then dragging them around like that in cuffs for that lengthy amount of time is just a straight asshole thing to do.
(01-22-2020, 12:19 PM)Knight Wrote: Imo, hard no. I just had an experience with you that left a pretty sour taste in my mouth. It ended up with me demoting you from security for the round. Basically, George Hayhurst decided to mess around with me and block me in my office on round spawn. It was annoying, but whatever. I can deal with it. We shoved each other for a bit and he took it too far and stun-locked me. I told him to cut it out and was further stunlocked and then cuffed by one of you. Again, I told you to cut the shit and uncuff me and you ignored me, saying something along the lines of "you aren't loyal to NT", just because I had changed my job title for the round (I was the Head of Security.) You both dragged me around for five minutes before deciding it would be funny to "staple a clown mask" onto my head. Another officer stepped in and uncuffed me and I demoted you for what you did. You didn't seem to take any of it on board and I gathered that you didn't think you had done anything wrong. When it comes down to it, stun-locking a fellow officer and then dragging them around like that in cuffs for that lengthy amount of time is just a straight asshole thing to do.

This is fucking bananas. Abel Kosicky, you are living in bananaland. You are the mayor of bananaland. I would’ve probably field executed you for that. That warrants a job ban from sec.

Double post- who does that to the HoS? Also, with George- who stunlocks the HoS? What the fuck?

We need more HoSes
(01-22-2020, 01:35 PM)OMJ Wrote: This is fucking bananas. Abel Kosicky, you are living in bananaland. You are the mayor of bananaland. I would’ve probably field executed you for that. That warrants a job ban from sec.

Double post- who does that to the HoS? Also, with George- who stunlocks the HoS? What the fuck?

Yeah, not sure that I love the sec team randomly deciding to stun and cuff the HOS at round start. Even if you didn't initiate it, you sure as hell leapt aboard the train as it went past.  Consider that a -1 from me as well. 

Seconding OMJ's point - it's really disappointing that George would stunlock and cuff the HOS over something so goddamn dumb. He's been playing for long enough that he should know much better.
Wow!

No!

Fuck No!

This is something that I would add to my "Never Recommend for HoS" shit list for!

Jesus Christ!
I hope I am not mistaken in the following accusation but perhaps an admin remembers the situation just a few days ago.

I was working as a janitor/ mechanic/ chef hybrid bar-type thing that round. Suddendly you decided that I was evil and started nearly killing me. I think I had contacted the admins and to their response you thought I was a traitor...but you did not try to communicate with me at all. Following that I was changed to the traitor role by an admin but I was not even interested in that - I chased you across the station to host have a talk with you and try to understand your reasons behind nearly killing me for no apparent reason. Mind that I was no traitor until the admins changed me to one after you nearly killed me. Not even following traitor objectives I was still trying to just find out why you were being a total dick...I know I am no mentor - but if my opinion counts,...

A HARD NO!!!

(01-23-2020, 01:40 AM)GORE Wrote: I hope I am not mistaken in the following accusation but perhaps an admin remembers the situation just a few days ago.

I was working as a janitor/ mechanic/ chef hybrid bar-type thing that round. Suddendly you decided that I was evil and started nearly killing me. I think I had contacted the admins and to their response you thought I was a traitor...but you did not try to communicate with me at all. Following that I was changed to the traitor role by an admin but I was not even interested in that - I chased you across the station to host have a talk with you and try to understand your reasons behind nearly killing me for no apparent reason. Mind that I was no traitor until the admins changed me to one after you nearly killed me. Not even following traitor objectives I was still trying to just find out why you were being a total dick...I know I am no mentor - but if my opinion counts,...

A HARD NO!!!

He was also a sec officer that round and not only was it him nearly killing me but another sec officer followed suit as well. I take a wild guess here and assume he went on Goon with a personal friend of his to meta-game troll the shit out of people being toxic all the way.

Reading all the previous comments from all mentors really let's me to believe that you - Abel Kosicky - got some serious balls even thinking that you would fit into this job. Either you are blessed with ignorance or pure delusion.
Hello, thanks everybody for the feedback I appreciate it.

Gore: Forgive me but my memory is not very good those days, but I know there was at least one round where I was a traitor playing as sec (changed job position by HoP). But it is also possible I might have made that mistake while being a non-antag.

Also, I am not sure who you are accusing of meta-game but I didn´t do that.

About the HoS incident, I cannot say much, I guess you are right.
I just saw HoS attacking somebody, so from my previous experience I excepted him to be an antag. The following events were poor on my part.
Yeah, that makes more sense. Could’ve been mindslaved and it’s a bizarre scenario to walk into. I’m still neutral, but I honestly have only seen you as a cop once (where you did decently).

I’d reapply in a few months after you have a bit more experience under your belt.

Knight’s POV vs your POV is a great example of how subjective round by round can be. That’s a learning experience. That could always be handled objectively better- but it really is such a weird situation. Can’t put all the blame on you there.
Denied for now. Take the feedback you've seen to heart and apply it in your future security rounds. You can re apply when you feel ready.