Tennke's HoS Application
Usual character name: Robert Rocke/Randy Rocke
BYOND username: Tennke
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Tennke#3142
Recommended by (if applicable):
Goon servers you play: Goon 2

Reason for application: I've seen a lot of funny and robust HoS's while I've been playing. I was deputized once or twice to be the mock HoS, mainly because I asked for more access and it was just what happened. Rounds tend to not have much security, so I feel like another person leading them would just be better for round balance overall. Without security, traitors just get free reign of the station. 

Security experience (300 word minimum): My first round ever playing, I was security. "I have to be imposing so I don't get killed!" I thought to myself. I meander around and find myself in a bar, seconds later some criminal has already stolen my baton and my taser. I truly was defenseless. I was beaten severely, my ID was stolen and I was a nobody. I stood outside the security offices praying that someone would let me in. But no one did. I died without even having a chance to defend myself. However, a lesson was learned that day. If I was going to protect this station, I would need to get a lot better. 

I've learned a lot since then. As President Roosevelt once said "Speak softly and carry a big stick." Whenever I play security I make sure that any gangster who pulls up on me knows that I'm not just a walking loot crate. I'll hit them with the one, two, cuff combo. I'll hire the clown to track down any of the crimers and give me some HARD information. For my personal way I play security, I always try to sort out issues with talking, but not everything can be solved by talking alone. Trying not to kill people is my main objective (Barring REV rounds which I personally hate my life during) because being dead is less fun than being alive. In addition, Monsieur Stir Stir will never escape on my watch.

I started playing security again after I got a good grasp on the controls. I will admit to being a Ssethtider, but unlike most of them, I actually enjoy the game and the company of my other spacemen. As security I communicate with my team if I have one. Giving tickets and warnings is a lot more fun than tasing someone and dragging them all the way across the station, only to be assaulted by (Unknown) and have my perp escape. Overall I do enjoy security though. The wild ride that security has to go through every round is rewarding for me.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
    Expect the unexpected, be on your toes for anyone trying to kill you or a fellow crew member. However, don't be afraid to talk to people on station. Even if it's just a "How ya doin'?" It goes a long way to show that you're a good officer. 
  • What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
    Gang rounds tend to be boring for me, but this round was different. The HoS was acting like a drug addicted crooked cop, which was hilarious. Three of our gang members tried to murder him at once. We got our asses handed to us. They survived every attack that we threw at him. Even managing to kill one of our most robust members. Very fun round in general. 
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
    An icon that shows your who's a security officer. Such as nukies being able to see their fellow teammates even without their armor. Not sure how this would work with lings. But it should display them as security if they were to transform into an officer. Because if one of your guys get replaced by a ling, you deserve what's coming to you.
  • Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
    There is a huge difference in my attitude as a solo security officer vs with a whole team. With a team, I can sit back, relax, and watch security cameras/run fingerprints. It ain't much, but it's honest work. As a solo security officer, I try to go around and recruit people into the ranks, because there IS safety in numbers. In my experience the clown is the single most trustworthy security officer you can recruit. All others are traitors, lings, and nuke operatives. 
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • Bees all around me
    I wonder what has happened
    Down in Botany
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
    Personally, inviting the clown into security is always fun. People who play clown try to make things fun. So a little comic relief in the security area is always appreciated.
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None.
Yes from me. Always shows a proper balance between making the game fun for everyone and being militant. He’s a good cop and will show the prerequisite restraint that comes with being HoS. I’m always glad to see him on as a cop.
It looks like you're well on your way to becoming a HoS, but there's not quite enough support yet. Keep it up and re-post an application when you feel a few more people have had a chance to see you play as security