Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diminishing returns on consecutive stuns.
Regarding how some items and abilities can stun you flat for numerous precious seconds and how easy it is to completely refresh that stun, I think that the repeated whacking of someone with a stun stick or flash or glare or what-have-you should have a diminishing effect until the stun wears off and the person recovers enough to move. Thus removing the horrible stun-lock that allows someone with a stun baton and blunt weapon to simultaneously eliminate four players.

As your being dragged down a hallway by your heel while a security officer flashes you every three seconds, it only makes sense that after the first one or two you learn that you should probably close your eyes, or cover them with your hands. The same can be applied for glare's and other forms of eye-based stuns.

Stun batons, in contrast, would probably convince the victim after the third or so whack to flail about and try to run off in a blind panic. Which isn't impossible considering this guy invokes the power of yahweh to suppress being tazered.

This means that if a stun were to incapacitate you for 10 seconds, refreshing that stun with the same item would only put the timer at potentially 8 seconds, refreshing the stun a second time might reduce it to 5 seconds, and so on and so forth until you need an army of baton-wielding security officers constantly beating your ass down to keep you incapacitated.
Many would agree, stunning is pretty boring.
Fire fights as so much funner when stunning isn't involved. I sometimes switch to lethal for that very reason if someone has a revolver, because one shot from a stun would essentially mean their traitor round is messed up, while they can take a 3-4 shots with a laser and the fight is far more interesting.

I think of all things, tasers should be changed so that they are not insta-stun weapons. Let it take 3 hits from a taser to incapacitate someone. First shot from a taser slows the player down a fair bit, second shot slows them to a walk, and third shot essentially stuns them. To compensate for this, maybe they would have to be changed to have more juice, maybe 10 shots per charge?

Hand-held stun weaponry are ok as is to be honest, there's already a disadvantage with aspects of it. Flash can't be used with against people with sunglasses, stun baton can't be used in harm stance lest you fuck up (and I sometimes still do), and both have a set amount of charge, flash has an unreliable amount.

But I do think tasers need to be "tweaked" to add more fun into the game. As someone already said, it's not playing the game if you are waiting to play the game.
I think stun batons are mostly fine as is, but one gripe I have with them is that they have a very high amount of uses considering how long they stun. Lowering the max charge on them just a tad would be nice.
Stop trying to fuck with stunning, it's fine how it is, just don't get caught. It's your own fault if you get tazed/stun baton'd.
The hands are dealt and we are in the heads up; let us see what happens. langricr, under the gun, appears to have been dealt the King of Owned and the Ace of Kneejerk, a strong combination. He calls the big blind, which is currently 1 Bad Idea. Next up is Sundance, with a pair, the Queen of Terrible and the Queen of Farts, not afraid of langricr, he immediately jumps in and raises to 2 Bad Ideas.

Seriously though
[*] There is nothing wrong with stunning.
[*] Diminishing returns would be wonky to keep track of to say the least.
[*] Repeatedly using ANY conventional stun weapon will reduce its charges by 1. Now this may not seem like a big thing but it's pretty inconvenient to run out of charges after you stunned that pubbie one too many times.
In case you missed it, projectile energy degrades the more distance they travel. A taser stun from 5 or so tiles away wears quickly enough that you can recover your gun if they are not flash-fast to stun you properly.
Tasers have very low ammo. Eguns are terrible, but there are only two (and the captain should have one).
Batons... well, they have 10 charges but they work only in melee. And you have plenty of options to disarm them.

Being stunned over and over by a fidgety cop who's afraid you will run away is a bit annoying. But frankly, once you have been stunned once, it's game over.
Stun is fine as it is.

Maybe try to find "stuff" that gives you faster stun recovery time.
One thing I would like is for the "*closeeyes" used in admin blink/breathe shenanigans was always enabled. That way, even if you're without welding mask/sunglasses, you still have a small chance to defeat a flash, if you're clever and/or lucky with your blinking skills. v
In case you haven't found out yet, I made most of the stimulants a lot better at reducing stun duration recently. Coffee and sugar help, ephedrine is better, crank and meth are much better, and bath salts make you nearly impervious to stuns. Of course you'll have the rest of the problems of bath salts to deal with, but hey, whatevs.
Cogwerks Wrote:In case you haven't found out yet, I made most of the stimulants a lot better at reducing stun duration recently. Coffee and sugar help, ephedrine is better, crank and meth are much better, and bath salts make you nearly impervious to stuns. Of course you'll have the rest of the problems of bath salts to deal with, but hey, whatevs.

Yo, speaking of which, is there a difference between crank and meth in terms of effects/potency? I haven't really fucked around with it yet but I know they're distinct and have rather different recipes, and if I had to guess I'd say crank's more powerful but has more debilitating side effects while meth is more moderate in both respects.
Methamphetamine as far as I can tell is the replacement for Hyperzine, in that it's found in Robust-Eez sodas, and used in recipes that used to call for Hyperzine. However, a single sip is apparently enough to get you addicted.

Meth: Not even once
So get some epinephrine from medbay, inject yourself, run in guns ablazing and hope you don't die of a heart attack.

Gotcha.