Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Dodge roll: LET'S GET OUTTA DODGE!
Perhaps this has been suggested before, but I haven't looked because I'm lazy and bad.

I think that anyone should be able to perform a dodge roll if they are sprinting (Holding SHIFT while moving) and then using the *flip emote (Pressing the R hotkey). This should do two things:

1)Boost you 2 or 3 tiles in the direction you were sprinting
2)Give you a few invincibility frames allowing you to avoid getting hit by projectiles and/or blast waves (if that's even possible)

Of course, there should be a random chance of failing the dodge roll and instead bonking your head on the floor, stunning yourself for a few seconds, and dropping whatever you were holding to balance it out.

What say you?
Matrix flopout..? It's the same past boost.
People kept comparing this to Matrix Flopout but that doesn't let you literally roll a few tiles in the direction you're going AND it requires you to pick it as a trait.

My idea is that anyone can dodge roll but it also boosts you forward in the direction you were sprinting. It also has a chance to completely backfire.
I've got an idea
Instead of making it a trait (as we have matrix flopout which is similiar and practically inferior to what you just described),make it a special ability when using an outfit set like the plumber suits.
Make it that you need to wear a zebra mask and an aqua dolphin jacket.
I think this would be cool as a re-work of Matrix Flopout; I don't like the idea of it being available to everyone though.
I'd like to see something like this with both defensive and offensive options. Sorta like a dive tackle. Moves you faster than sprinting for a bit, makes you harder to hit, but when you hit the ground you're going to be on it for a bit before getting back up. And if you hit someone with it they're going down with you
Is Matrix Flopout even useful in terms of combat? It seems to be one of those perks that looks really good on paper, but in practice fails spectacularly. Can someone confirm? I haven't seen it used.. ever.

I think people are overestimating the robustness of combat, it's always going to be the quickest draw wins or whoever gets the drop on someone.

I personally think if two people are in a firefight, there should be some dank mechanics like dodge rolls that they could employ, among other things.
I personally have Matrix Flopout on my mime character and I've never had it successfully work, even when I'm anticipating the taser gun to be fired and I'm flipping with a full bar of stamina. I don't think I've ever seen anyone pull it off properly either. I just think of it as a extra stamina cost to flipping imo lol.

Dodge rolls would be a perfect 'fix' for Matrix Flopout. It doesn't really do much as is.
As long as it comes with zweihanders and parrying. Smug
Matrix Flopout is definitely worthless so I'd love for it to be replaced with something like this. Buying traits to have some unique abilities at a cost of some other weakness is a cool idea