Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.64 Average
Make removing someone else's uniform harder.
Thumbs Up 
Currently it's one of the strongest things you can do to someone who is stunned, and it feels really, really cheap to be on the receiving end of it. Removing someone's uniform also strips their ID, belt, and pocket items from their person, and it can be done in less than 4 seconds.

My suggestion: Double the length that it takes to remove a uniform, or prevent the removal of a uniform while an outer suit is being worn.
very good point to be honest. I second the idea of preventing uniform removal while outersuit is on certainly. A delay in the time to remove makes sense too.
Personally, I think removing all items should have a realistic time for completion, for example, a whole body jumpsuit shouldn't be able to be removed in less than five seconds, and it shouldn't take that same amount of time to take someones hat off so you can perform CPR.
I think sure make it take longer normally but if you have a knife or sharp object in the other hand you should be able to just shred the jumpsuit off them
I think it also makes sense to take into account what the targets intent is, whether or not they are stunned, prone, or conscious.
i think that you shouldn't be able to remove jumpsuits if they have an outer suit on, kinda like how you cant see glasses if someone has a gas mask on? idk if a system like that is implemented for removing things from someone tho
Having to remove the outer suit first would be a nice addition
Yeah I think thats a good solution.
Yeah removing the outer suit first is absolutely a good solution.

As a *possible* addition, perhaps some jumpsuits should be special and take a bit longer to take off? Perhaps SecOff suits, tactical turtlenecks, etc.
having surgical or regular scissors in your hand could help too
You know, I've thought this for years, ever since I first started playing. But I've come to accept that this will stay the way it is.
Yeah it sucks, but it's also hilarious. The solution is to just play better so that you don't get in this position or make people regret doing this to you.
I mean, there's absolutely no reason to accept the way things are.

You used to be able to queue up removing items from people by clicking every item at once in order to insta-strip them of everything they had at once.

You used to be able to aim at people's mouth for some absurd chance to knock them unconcious.

You used to be able to choke people near instantly by clicking them and spamming pgdown with no cooldown or chance of failure.

There is absolutely no reason this can't change if we want to change it.
Why not just make it so you need some specific level of grab to be able to do this and outer suits prevent it
That way the funny thing is still possible but not trivial to do
(01-06-2020, 12:29 PM)Podrick Equus Wrote: Removing someone's uniform also strips their ID, belt, and pocket items from their person

You know, now that I think about it, I've always found that a bit weird. Like, shouldn't the pockets and ID slot be attached to the clothing like a container?

And speaking of belts, that's something else that would probably have to be removed before being able to get off the rest of the outfit.
This just feels like something that should have a counter.

Wearing an outer suit should be fine. It makes sec work a bit more tedious but it also means someone can't steal literally everything you have by knocking you down for a few seconds and taking off your uniform if you prepare for it.