Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goonstation Monthly Contest: January Edition!
(01-04-2020, 07:03 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Here's my attempts at tips:

"You can press V to put on clothing items or place things in your belt slot if possible." (This one's my current pick for the voting phase.)

"You can drop items by pressing Q, if you have WASD Mode enabled in the Game->Interface menu in the top left" (Too long?)

or like you can use c to interact with stuff in your hand useful when you want to smash food into you mouthole fast by clicking on your self and smashing c
I can't help but feel that the hair colour comment is directed at me..

"Maintenance often have tools! Be careful of the ones that move!"

"Have the chills or maybe a fever? Head to Pathology to spread the good word!"

"Science doesn't just explode, they've got a teleporter too. For remote explosions!"

"Remember that not all explosions are the result of accidents. Some of them come from Mining!"

"Corporate security is your friend! So long as you are theirs!"
"Used to another server's controls or HUD? Go to Game -> Interface in the top left corner of the screen to change your preferences."
Some tips:

"Stuck behind a crate, trash cart, or similar object? Simply click+drag yourself onto it, and you'll scoot right over it!"

"See someone in a red spacesuit? Might wanna let people know over the radio!"

"Just because someone is an antagonist doesn't mean you *have* to hunt them down. Maybe they're doing a gimmick! Play along! It's more fun for everyone! And on the bright side, if you die, it should be entertaining!"

"Moving slow and can't figure out why? The three biggest causes of slow movement are: Cold, injury, and loss of legs. Check your temperature and health on your HUD, and observe yourself to see if you've lost a leg or two!"

"Going mining? Great! Just don't forget that you can click+drag crates onto material processors and fabricators to load the crate's contents into a machine, whether it's ore or processed material!"

"While you may get busy and focused, it's always beneficial to keep an eye on the chat log. You never know if someone's calling your name, or if a bomb has been set off in your department!"

"People are typically willing to help if they're not busy, especially if you've been kind to them! Be sure to lend a helping hand and people will be more likely to return the favor, even in later rounds!"

"Everything you see in this game is almost definitely more complicated and/or in-depth than at first glance. Explore the game's mechanics, and use them to their full potential! You never know when you might need to!"
"Dying of suffocation and can't figure out why? Check your oxygen tank, it might be empty!"

"Some round types will end without a shuttle being called. If people start screaming about revs, blobs, or nukies it might be a good idea to wrap up whatever you're doing or put it aside for a later round."

"You can tell if the shuttle's been called and how long it has to arrive or leave by looking at the "status" window in the upper-right corner of your screen."

"Doctors can't heal you if you keep running away from them. Stay still and they'll patch you up in no time!"
"Never trust pills you find on the floor."
"Always trust pills you find on the floor."
"Looking for a quick way to earn cash? Try the slot machines that are usually near the bar!"
"If you have a Tracking implant and a Health implant, Medical will know exactly when and where you (inevitably) die. They can also teleport to your corpse using a hand teleporter."

"Merely getting close to lava will melt your body if you're not wearing protective clothing."

"Helpful mutations can be sold by Genetics via the Gene Booth. Stop in from time to time to see what they have!"

"The key to a long lifespan is meticulous preparation before the crisis."

"A large percentage of station disasters are directly related to the engine. Make sure you have a firm grasp of procedures before messing with it!"

"Fire extinguishers must have the pin pulled before they can be used. It's regulation!"

"There is a MAP button in the upper-right corner of the screen to help you navigate."

"You will frequently start with a Breath Mask and an Emergency 02 Tank in your backpack box. Check to make sure! They can save your life."

"The Chaplain is more than just a spiritual guide. He is the stations' greatest weapon when facing magical and supernatural foes."

"God doesn't like it when you fart on his book."

"Never trust a wizard."

"Styptic Powder, Silver Sulfadiazine, Charcoal, and Salbumatol are the four common treatments for BRUTE, BURN, TOX, and OXY damage respectively."

"Administering sedatives and painkillers to patients improves the odds of a successful surgery."

"There is a right and wrong way to use a Stun Baton. Trying to use it on HARM intent will stun you instead!"

"If you're desperate, you can use your own money to buy shipments from Cargo."

"To defeat the cyber demons, shoot at them until they die."
"Read the chat!"

PS: My 1337th post! May not be a great entry, but I sure feel like a winner.
Even I didn't know this one till I started playing again in 2019

"Instead of taking each tool out of the toolbox one by one to put it into your belt of choice (Toolbelt, Security Belt, Mining belts, etc) You can just grab a toolbox into your active hand, and click it on the toolbelt to transfer all of it's contents right to the belt! This also works BETWEEN belts!"
All of these tips need to be thrown in, I didn't know about that last one.
Hello! I've never done any sprites before, but here's a hair sprite I've made for this contest! :> 
The sage: [Image: SsxyPrF.png]

link to the dmi (goog drive)
It makes me happy to see so many people participating! Everyone's tips and tricks are very appreciated, and I love all the super cute hair sprites  queen greater domestic space-bee 

Get your friends to participate too, there's still a lot of January left!
You can refill the janitor buffer with up to 1700u of ANY chemical. Have fun with space lube!
"Need to find a specific item in a large pile? Try clicking the tile it's on while holding shift, alt, and ctrl, and looking through the status tab. Or press the P key and get list of nearby pickups."

"In a crowded area and tried of being shoved around? Try crawling in between others legs to get through."

"Need to move a person or two and dragging them takes to long? Carry around a body bag. Not only can multiple people fit inside, you won't be slowed down while dragging it."

"Trash bags can hold more than just garbage. Keep one handy to store some extra items you don't mind fishing around for."