Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Medals
Question 
I'm writing this thread in search for clarification on medals and their 'secrecy' status - I have heard that medal 'secrecy' status was relaxed after 2016, but I can't seem to find the quote on that, so I'm writing this thread for a easy-to-quote reference.

Are medals secret by themselves?
Are medal rewards secret?
Is the way to earn medals secret?
How can I find out which medals I have already earned and what rewards are part of those specific medals?
(01-22-2020, 05:24 AM)GORE Wrote: How can I find out which medals I have already earned and what rewards are part of those specific medals?

For the first part, you can enter the medals verb.
(01-22-2020, 07:38 AM)medsal15 Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 05:24 AM)GORE Wrote: How can I find out which medals I have already earned and what rewards are part of those specific medals?

For the first part, you can enter the medals verb.

for the second part you can use claim rewards and press on a reward. it will give a confirmation yes/no prompt along with what medal the reward belongs to
completely unrelated rambling here, but dang I wish there was a way to auto-claim certain rewards. I spend about a minute right after joining, every time, claiming the sweet sweet satchel.
(01-22-2020, 01:40 PM)Alphaeus Wrote: completely unrelated rambling here, but dang I wish there was a way to auto-claim certain rewards. I spend about a minute right after joining, every time, claiming the sweet sweet satchel.

I easily do this with a gas mask like every round to get a SWAT mask
There's already a not so secret Google Doc spreadsheet of medals and their rewards if that answers your question.
Everytime Im detective I go for my inspectors outfit in claim rewards. Would like a faster way too.
On the topic of the thread I agree that making talking about medals bad is dumb. Certain medals I understand not talking about because they involve game secrets but most medals are just normal stuff and shouldnt be secret stuff.
Medals should get the chemistry treatment - some are secret, some are public, with vagues hints at the secret ones.

The problem - i think it's been communicated over the years - is that people start to chase for medals, which goes against the flow of the game. Although, i'd argue: Does it really? Most people in this game play selfishly.

But honestly at this stage, I'm just curious at what half of them mean.
(01-23-2020, 05:57 PM)Sundance Wrote: Medals should get the chemistry treatment - some are secret, some are public, with vagues hints at the secret ones.

The problem - i think it's been communicated over the years - is that people start to chase for medals, which goes against the flow of the game. Although, i'd argue: Does it really? Most people in this game play selfishly.

But honestly at this stage, I'm just curious at what half of them mean.

+1 to all this
Slightly related, but you can see (I think) all of the medals on this SS13 page on Byond's site. Some have icons and a small blurb about the medal too.
http://www.byond.com/games/Slurm/GoonSta...tab=scores

You can also see all of your own medals (or anyone else's) and the time you earned them on the Byond site too. You just have to replace the name with the ckey you want to check.
http://www.byond.com/members/Tribaja?tab=medals&all=1