Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Unban Appeal - Banned by Daeren
Who banned you?: Gerhazo
Byond Key: Friendly Username
Date of Ban: It's been like a year, maybe a bit over that
Specified Reason for Ban: Called a guy a retard I think. Then I argued with the admins
Ban Length: Over a year, definitely perma
What led to the ban? Can't remember too much. I think I called a guy retarded for welding something and then argued with good ol' Gerhazo
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: Been a while, wanna see what's new.
Which rule did you break? 2
Evasion Attempts: None

Edit on why I should be unbanned: What I did was rash and a bit rude. I have learned from my mistakes and have read the rules over a bit and wish to come back to the server.

Edit again: it was daeren who banned me, not Gerhazo.
Updated thread title to reflect the actual admin, also giving them a heads up for whenever they're available.
I want to know what, exactly, you've learned from your mistakes, and what you think they were. In detail, please. Your appeal doesn't give much to support your claim, especially with the original unban reason just being 'I want to come back' with no justification.
I've learned to control my tongue since last time. I won't go around calling everyone a retard and I will use less harmful language. Another mistake was arguing with the admins, which never got anywhere. I'm going to be more polite and such.
That's about what I expected. See, I remembered your last appeal, where you said this:

(06-19-2019, 03:41 PM)Ryan Razu Wrote: Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: It's sorta bs that because people slip up in their language, they are severely punished. It just doesn't make sense. I can't help that the words I use are offensive to people. I call my friends retarded all the time, and it just comes natural. I doubt that you don't use the word with your friends, or some other form of it.  I don't think a 4 day ban is really the cost. It didn't affect anyone and if it did, they should speak up. Additionally, this will definitely not change the way I am, as the ban is not helping at all. I feel like this was an overreaction on the admins part, and the phrase "retarded" should be taken as a light joke.

There's something missing from this, your first post in this thread, and your followup, and that would be remorse. Any remorse. Not one apology, not one moment of empathy or understanding that you hurt other people. Your first justification was that you felt entitled to come back and check out new things, then you dismissed what you'd done as being "a bit rude" and that you'd read the rules "a bit." Clearly it was only a tiny bit, because your cited rule you broke was #2, arguing with admins. This was a factor! It was not the major factor of my ban, which was #4, anti-bigotry.

I honestly have to thank you for giving me a phenomenal example of a red flag in a ban appeal to use in the future, in the first sentence of your clarification. "I learned to control my tongue." NOT that you'd learned that saying such things were wrong, or understood why you were punished for saying them, only that you understood that saying certain words would get you punished and you wouldn't do that. That's the stage of moral development I expect from five year olds, and whatever I can say about you, you at least write well enough to show you're older than that.

This is why I asked you to explain yourself, in the slim hope you'd say something that showed me you actually had some sort of revelation that led to growing as a person over the past six months. What I see instead is someone who hasn't changed a bit, does not WANT to change a bit, and only wants to continue doing whatever they were doing before without dealing with the consequences of their actions. As you have clearly not learned anything but how to try to be sneakier about being the kind of person we don't want here, I absolutely refuse to put the community in danger of exposure to your bigoted fuckery yet again.

In conclusion,

(06-19-2019, 04:04 PM)Daeren Wrote: go fuck yourself with a pneumatic railroad spike driver and never play on this server again.
Nice, it's good too see how you're all good and happy riding on your power trip. Didn't know I couldn't use words because you get upset and throw a hissy fit. I'm not going to ride your cock to play a videogame you autist. You take everything as if it was coming from hitler. This server is literally the definition of terrible and power crazy staff. Sorry Xi Jinping, didn't know I was so censored here. All hail mighty goonstation, all hail the people's republic. Fuck off and die.

I forgot the main word!!! How dumb of me! RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD RETARD

NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE NIGHTMARE

PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA PESADILLA

Lots of love, the real guy the best guy, Ryan Razu

[Image: 550000f6dd0895eb708b45fe?width=1100&form...&auto=webp]
And this is why I locked the thread without letting you reply last time. Thanks for proving my point though! Real class act.