Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AirBot for automatic repressurizing
Repressurizing hull breaches is kinda tedious for areas that don't have air hookups. It can be a little finicky too since air can seemingly pool in part of a room without spreading out the way it should. It frequently doesn't get done at all, and that can really suck on certain maps (looking at you, Cog1 hallway).

A bot to automate the process would be great. Just drag it to the room in question and let it putter around farting out air. Maybe literally. As an added bonus*, if it worked off an internal reservoir you could potentially fill it with things other than air for Fun Purposes.

Alternatively, add this functionality to the poor, neglected FloorBot instead.
Yes please. Atmos code is such ass and it’s so easy to depressurise a room but is such a pain to re-pressurise.
Repressurizing is easy - most of times it is just temperature being very low.
(01-05-2020, 02:04 AM)polivilas Wrote: Repressurizing is easy - most of times it is just temperature being very low.

Make the bot fart out warm air, for added realism.
(01-05-2020, 02:04 AM)polivilas Wrote: Repressurizing is easy - most of times it is just temperature being very low.

It doesn't change the fact that Atmos is broken. I think the most egregious situation I've had to deal with was an enclosed space that had patches of breathable tiles and patches of tiles that would refuse to repressurise, all in the same room.

Also easy =/ efficient
Yeah, like I said its more about it being tedious than being difficult. Even areas that have air hookups can be a chore. Like Medbay on Cog1, turning the air on will repressurize the lobby, but the air often won't spread to the Operating Theater or Robotics even with the doors open.

And Medbay is depressurized 4 out of 5 shifts on that map.
I do like the idea of a robot that can spew out gas. I like the the idea of new robots in general

also sounds highly emagable
I'd love some sort of Gasbot that can repressurize areas or spew poison everywhere. Maybe just the former considering the sleepbuddies can do the latter.

Creating custom areas is a really dreadful process because they are hard to repressurize, it's hard to tell WHETHER they're pressurized, et cetera, et cetera. Usually I just fart and if my fart is nigh-silent I know there's no air. And it seems to genuinely vary tile-by-tile.

I don't think Gasbot would be imbalanced considering that the alternative is basically stealing all the station high-cap air cans for one fuckin room. This would reduce the thievery of air cans for random fun stuff and save them for emergencies.