Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Krampus addons.
What I basically want is more power given to Krampus. These are the ideas I came up with

1: We give Krampus the power to summon evil gifts, they look normal but they could give deadly weapons to nasty effects, Basically unlikely any of the items spawned will be that helpful to lawful people, 

2: Krampus can corrupt santa gifts basically booby trapping his gifts, basically deadly weapons to all kinds of nasty antag helping gifts or them just exploding in the antag face.

Please say I support 1 or 2 to tell the admins what idea you like.

The rates and balancing be fully up to the devs, I am only giving the basic idea.
We use to have a powerful krampus and that made people do evil things to spawn the SUPER POWERFUL ANGRY GOAT DEMON THAT CAN SMASH THROUGH WALLS AND MURDER EVERYONE. Personally I thought it was funny but apparently no one else did.
This is something that I'd like to see implemented in some form! Interesting ideas! I especially like the idea of nasty, holiday-themed surprises via booby-trapped gifts (similar to the grinches' ability to poison foodstuff).

Since we've already got random-event grinches spawning during the holiday/Spacemas season, I think it would allow for some fun and potentially humorous synergies if our beloved meatcube were able to work alongside the nefarious Scrooges that have infiltrated the crew. Maybe Krampus would be able to see a little "G" graphic above the grinch's (or grinches') similarly to the nuclear operatives' "S"?

I do wonder, though, if this would potentially warrant a whole other gamemode? Would an empowered Krampus working alongside the grinches steal the thunder from other, non-holiday themed traitors? Or would it be benign(ly malignant) enough to fit in as a random-event traitor spawn?
On looking at this I'm thinking "like smooshing a bikehorn into him so he can honk?".

I support that, honestly.
It should be able to fart out char ore every once and awhile.

It should also leave more of a mess in its wake. Like a slimy bloody trail
Yeess!! I'd love to see some more RUDE powers for Krampus! I've found Krampus 3.0 to be rather... underwhelming to play. That and some of its interactions are clunky and maybe a little buggy, while others simply don't make sense, like Krampus being able to take out the cell, modules, and change the name of cyborgs in charging stations... oh, and opening air canisters (like plasma.)

I really like the idea of Krampus being this near-indestructible force that is an eternal annoyance and asshole to the crew, but in practice I feel like it has become Krampus players constantly pushing back against Krampus' many limitations to see what they can actually do besides block doors (and you can just crawl under him anyway) and fart blood every so often. Something that gives KRampus a bit more room for player creativity or give them some kind of impact would be great!

Krampus being able to trap gifts is a fun idea and I'd love to see that implemented in some way. Maybe have the gifts do nasty things like explode into soot and paint the player's sprite charcoal black? Or a flashbang explosion?

Now that I think of it I'm worried about what players might do if Krampus is empowered... Most of the time players don't kill him because either they don't know about his weakness or find him such an inoffensive  'foe' that they leave him alone anyway. If changes any of the above are brought in, what's going to stop players from just welding him on sight without a second thought the second Krampus steps- er, squelches onto the station?
The main reason Krampus is underwhelming if I recall is cause he's just a silly thing that just exists on the station sometimes for no discernible reason. People also disliked the fact that he was invincible beyond getting Santa's help and could use that to be a dick to people, which they didn't like, which caused him to be killable.

I could be wrong though?
(12-30-2019, 09:44 PM)Technature Wrote: The main reason Krampus is underwhelming if I recall is cause he's just a silly thing that just exists on the station sometimes for no discernible reason.  People also disliked the fact that he was invincible beyond getting Santa's help and could use that to be a dick to people, which they didn't like, which caused him to be killable.

I could be wrong though?

Ah the meatcube is killable now? That explains why its 3.0 instead of 2.0 now. Yeah I can see that would be the reason why.
People seem to always get angry about krampus no matter how small it is and its only there for a month.
Krampus is suppose to be a dick to the naughty and if krampus is summoned that means the crew has been NAUGHTY. Wish we could have classic ass kicker krampus back.
Yeah. If Krampus is doing something like keeping you in one spot and I have a welder, I just start threatening him with it.

Whether Krampus dies or not depends on if they listen to me and start bugging someone else.
imo krampus should get more annoying but utterly harmless powers while regular meatcubes should be made even shitter.
(12-30-2019, 12:05 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: We use to have a powerful krampus and that made people do evil things to spawn the SUPER POWERFUL ANGRY GOAT DEMON THAT CAN SMASH THROUGH WALLS AND MURDER EVERYONE. Personally I thought it was funny but apparently no one else did.

I have never heard of this before but I love and want it
(01-04-2020, 06:42 AM)Sick Ness Monster Wrote:
(12-30-2019, 12:05 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: We use to have a powerful krampus and that made people do evil things to spawn the SUPER POWERFUL ANGRY GOAT DEMON THAT CAN SMASH THROUGH WALLS AND MURDER EVERYONE. Personally I thought it was funny but apparently no one else did.

I have never heard of this before but I love and want it

It was removed because every round during december and I mean EVERY round people would do evil shit like murdering the seals and bees just for the chance to spawn in krampus. Personally I thought that was funny but people got upset and thats how we got meat cube krampus
give krampus crayon