Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Default Font Size 20+
One of the biggest things I see helping new players is them missing stuff in chat because of how tiny the font is. The best advice I give everyone is to make it like 20+ because it's pretty visible at that point. Is there any way we can bump up the default font size to 20 or higher? I feel like this would be a simple QoL change that would be insanely helpful for newcomers and veterans alike.

EDIT: Extra w o r d s
In my opinion making everyone write bigger won't shrink the confusion. The limited screenspace available will be used up even more - might lead to text being written not in two or three but rather between four and eight lines. It might not condense the text but rather bloat it up. Think about it - not everyone has a 4K widescreen display as their primary monitor - oi!
The real problem for new players is they still haven't gotten use to having to play on one screen and then look over next to it to read the chat screen. It gets some taking use to probably the biggest hurdle of SS13 next to figuring out the controls. I don't think bigger default font is going to help but who knows really.
Setting defaults is always a tricky thing to do. We've got people on all sorts of monitor sizes with varying levels of vision/reading speed. Its complicated enough that even the ADA doesn't recommend any specific font size for readability. I think what you are currently doing is what we should do - if someone is having issues reading we let them know to turn their font size up.
Fair enough, I didn't really consider these things when I suggested this (>")>