Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerf Blind
These days the Blind spell does these things:
- Make you blind
- Make you drop anything you hold
- STUN YOU FOR 30 SECONDS
- Has short recharge

Now, I am whining because the blind spell is basically a magic missile spell, but insta-hit + makes you blind so you can do jack shit to the wizard, also the recharge is short, the wizard can easily cast another blind at you before the first spell stops working.

Please make that awful spell not stun, it's okay when it's making you drop stuff and when it makes you blind, it's what it does actually, but christ, remove the stun effect from that spell! Or at least make the recharge much longer!

This suggestion was written with tears
Stunning is a shit feature in anything anyway, it's not gameplay to wait for the gameplay to happen

I'd be down with removing the knockdown-stun from blind or at least really shortening it, enough things stun as it is.
I disagree. If blind was a multi-target spell then yeah, I could see it. But as it stands as it is, I don't see much point in nerfing it, and it's not as used as people might think. Wizards get three direct disabling spells from what I recall, not counting the random effect of pandemonium, nor ice because people can still move and act even if they get the ice cube effect. Clown's Revenge is a disabling spell, but not for long plus the long cooldown time in between casts. Fireball is a nice stunning spell but suffers from both hitting the wizard in close proximity and being almost harmless staffless. Magic missile is another disabling spell but suffers from only having one target if a wizard doesn't have a staff.

I really think Blind is fine as is.

Honestly a good wizard can be considered OP with almost any combination of spells. It just takes patience, experience, and knowhow which alot of wizards lack due to the rarity of the rounds and not getting picked wizard on the off chance those rounds happen.
GorillaMyDreams Wrote:Honestly a good wizard can be considered OP with almost any combination of spells. It just takes patience, experience, and knowhow which alot of wizards lack due to the rarity of the rounds and not getting picked wizard on the off chance those rounds happen.

Bar empower. Fuck empower and its TK shittyness into the ground.
See? It's another combination that really isn't taken that often. And it's terribly easy to cripple too. A staffless casting is almost no use and there's a decent cooldown time for both spells, plus the wizards have to actually hit you for it to work so just keep running around erratically and boom. On top of that it takes up half of your spell selection list so you're going to have to play carefully.
blind could probably use a bit longer of a cooldown because i got blinded seven times nonstop and when my vision started to return i was flying out into space because in my panic i ran out that way (and since i was blind i couldn't throw anything to shoot me to my hand tele portal)
The problem with blind is that when it's spammed it's unavoidable. Yes, you could argue that you can spam fireballs too, but those have way longer cooldown and when a wizard is dumb or unlucky and casts the spell point-blank then he gets fucked up in the blast, losing a limb.

Make the blind spell the same cooldown as fireball or make it not work on people that wear something, some kind of dumb gimmick. (Like finding a bullet out of nowhere on the floor for the russian revolver.)
blind is a pretty poor choice for crowd control so if the wiz is using it you should switch to the "grayshirt swarm with fire extinguishers" tactic
He was just very upset his self image of 'guy greysuit the most robust' was tarnished by a mean wizard...
backifran Wrote:He was just very upset his self image of 'guy greysuit the most robust' was tarnished by a mean wizard...

Pretty much this. Anywho, it's a valuable spell but not really as OP as he claims it to be. If you're taking on a wizard solo any spell he uses on you is going to be considered OP and you're dumb for trying to take him on solo.
The wizard is kinda supposed to be taken solo if you are armed to the teeth with ranged weapons like eguns/laser guns, but yeah the blind spam makes it impossible and you can cast blind spells like every 15 seconds so that spell + magic missile makes it for a game over even for a mob.
What on earth makes you think you should be able to take a wizard on by yourself? You're dumb and this complaint is dumb. Can we stop making kneejerk suggestion threads every time we die?
Stonekill Wrote:The wizard is kinda supposed to be taken solo if you are armed to the teeth with ranged weapons like eguns/laser guns, but yeah the blind spam makes it impossible and you can cast blind spells like every 15 seconds so that spell + magic missile makes it for a game over even for a mob.

The wizard isn't meant to be taken solo. The wizard needs an angry mob to take it down, as all their spells are effective against a single person, but most of them don't scale with the crowd.
Since the OP is banned this pretty much just falls even flatter than it already did.