Mentor Application: Scarlett Devatti
character name: Scarlett Devatti
BYOND username: Elchorico
Discord username: Oscarâ„¢#0001
Recommended by: N/A
Goon servers you play: Goon2, very rarely on roleplay

Reason for application + game experience: So here i am, applying for a mentor position. I have never thought that i would reach the amount of knowledge needed for this. Reason? Simple. I love helping new players. It is nice to explain a process a to them, and see them do it on themselves after that, with absolutely no problems. I just like helping people learn what to do, and feel like i have gathered enough knowledge about the game to pass it on to new players. I remember my first day on goon, joining as a staffie, having absolutely no idea what i am doing. This has almost got me away from ss13, but then i witnessed the magical button of mentorhelp. I have learned the magic of doctoring with quite the amount of asking for help, and after some time i became able to do quick surgeries from memory. After that, i moved on to the science department. I remember scrolling the wiki, taking 15 minutes to make a simple chem. After some time, i learned to make basic chemicals and finnaly moved on to the advanced ones. Of course, you can not memorize all chems perfectly, but i have reached the point where i can make stuff such as styptic powder fairly quickly. After that, it was engineering time. I started as a miner, figured it would be the easiest, and got myself blown up. After that, i became more careful, and learned the art of making custom tools. Now i can demolish an entire meteorite in a matter of one minute. Next was classic engineering, which was very, very painful. I slowly learned how to make walls, windows and fix broken machines. Then i got to the engine. Oh, the sweet, sweet engine. It took me a painfully long time to even learn how to use the combustion chamber, but after some assistance from mentors, i prevailed, defeated the engine, started it up, and never returned to it again. Next we're the more specific jobs. Botanist was quick and easy, and a lot of fun. Janitor was easy and quick, but i have not found it as much as fun. For the other jobs, such as Chaplain, i have fully know what the specific jobs do, and what their abilities are. Now for the antags. I have slowly learned what each one does, the strategy you should use, and their weaknesses. After some luck on getting a mixed gamemode, i have played werewolf, and completed the entire antag spectrum available through normal play.

Now for the more personal part. The most important part of why i want to become a mentor. I love working with people and i am good with it. While i often enjoy a good gimmick or pull one myself, i know how to work with people and handle a stressful situation. I am aware that i can explain something 10 times and they still can not get it, but i can not quit. They want to learn the mechanic, and i am sure as hell gonna teach them. I could get called a bad mentor, but this is no reason for me to just stop responding. A good response would be to try to get a more casual and friendlier contact with the player, and teach them what they need. Of course, i can not do anything if they stop responding and refuse to communicate, but that it out of my control. I personally do not think that being a mentor would ruin the game for me, i would actually quite enjoy it. I am fully aware of the meta information i can learn immediately, and i am fully prepared to ignore it and never use it for my own advantage.

Previous bans: One, called somebody "gay" in a moment of saltiness after getting teamed on by the HoS and the Captain on assday. Resolved by discussion on forums.
I think Elcho could do with more experience on the station. Given some of your recent history + notes, I would like to see a longer period of uninterrupted good behavior and helping other players.