Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Donut 3 Mapping Thread
Welcome to the 3rd giant donut masquerading as a "competently designed" orbital research facility!

Though Donut 2 is not as much a part of my nostalgic memories of SS13 as it is for others, I am very fond of the iconic station shape. I'm making a new Donut map from the ground up, taking the basic shape of Donut 2 and would like to improve on its problems as much as possible. This way we can get a donut map that avoids the pitfalls we've learned of from our experiences with its predecessor.

Please give any criticisms, ideas, feedback, etc. you may have here!

Donut 3 Roadmap:
DEPARTMENTS
  • Bridge: Done!
  • Security: Done!
  • Medbay: Done!
  • Research: 70%
  • Cargo: Not Started
  • Engineering: Not Started
  • Civilian: Not Started
OTHER
  • Maintenance: 20%
  • Medical Asylum: Not Started
  • Hallways: 35%

Here's a picture of what I have as of: 1/16/2020, 1:20PM
[Image: WP3VJCO.png]

I hope I can make something you'll all enjoy!
It'd be neat if there was maintenance and stuff in the center to give blobs a good shot.

The security design is very nice. I really like the pod bay having a proper walkway between the two pods.
Update time whee!!
Here's a pic as of: January 23 @ 10:58AM
[Image: TfAEsG3.png]

Mainly what I've spent time doing is polishing up maintenance and Research a little, as well as adding the last two rooms: The Buddy Zone, and Pathology!

Here's Patho:
[Image: GG7YWbT.png]

(01-22-2020, 08:41 AM)Leeanei Wrote: It'd be neat if there was maintenance and stuff in the center to give blobs a good shot.

The security design is very nice. I really like the pod bay having a proper walkway between the two pods.

Thanks! I'll take that into consideration as I don't know what I want to put into the donut hole yet.
WOOHOO 2020 UPDATE LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Here's a pic as of: February 17 @ 1:18PM
[Image: et4WsjS.png]

We got 2020 stuff! We got... FANCY LIGHTING!!!!!!!!!111!!one!!!!

I wanted to bring a bit more color to the station lighting, so I'm using slightly tinted colors appropriate for each room! And with the greater importance of each room, the lighting hue becomes more saturated!

For instance, here is the Bridge:
The colors aren't too pronounced, but there's a subtle bit of blue!
[Image: YrM4jZG.png]

Here's Sec:
For Sec there is naturally some red!
[Image: 7BXDrXQ.png]

And to show a more pronounced hue, the Armory:
Because this is a Very Important room, it gets even more red!
[Image: WanZZZR.png]

The 2020 release has really opened up a lot of possibilities for mapping, and I am really excited to use as much of it as I can to achieve a really cool aesthetic!