Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Bizarre movement quirks while buckled to a wheeled chair
So, as Krampus I accidentally learned chair telekinesis.

When you buckle yourself to a chair, you can roll around on it. However when you try to move into another mob (like a humble little spessmen) you do not move, but the chair still does since it's a non-dense object. You can then buckle the victim spessmen to said chair and abuse them with your newfound power.

While you are channeling chair telekinesis with your victim consenting friend this way, moving diagonally allows you to move the chair as far away from you as you please. Once you start moving non-diagonally however the chair warps back to your side. If you are say, on ice or a similarly slippery surface, you can infinitely stunlock the poor victim your willing test subject on the surface.

And here is a video of this bizarre bug in action!
I think this has a similar underlying cause to a bug I experienced with pods.

I don't know how, but somehow, I managed to board a pod but left my spaceperson body outside. My view was centered on me standing in the pod bay, rather than the pod I apparently boarded, and I still had the normal HUD, backpack, hands, pocket slots and all, rather than the pod HUD. Yet, when I pressed WASD, I moved the pod I ghost-boarded, not my character, and when I pressed Space, it told me the ship didn't have a weapon.

When I reboarded the pod, everything returned to normal.