Recusor's HOS Application
Usual character name: Sam Eagle, Periwinkle, S.A.M.
BYOND username: Recusor
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Recusor (Sam Eagle)
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Goon servers you play: Goon 2

Reason for application:

In my time playing SS13, especially on Goonstation, some of the best stories that come to mind involve player conflict. The security team, and HoS in particular are a fulcrum for conflict on the station, and having the right people (or any people at all) playing that role helps make things interesting and fun. The role of HoS gives you the capacity to more effectively deal with situations, but the way you do that still matters. Insta-killing the poor vamp that got caught 3 minutes into the round isn't as fun as gagging and blindfolding him and having a trial. I believe that I can lend Fun Judgementâ„¢ to the security team and the station in an effective manner as HoS.

Security experience (300 word minimum):

I thoroughly enjoy playing security, though I have recognized that I have to be in the right mood for it. The role requires a level of discretion that other roles do not. I have been playing since 2015 and have had a chance to play security on all of the currently active stations/ships. I have fought against nukies, lings, vamps, blobs, gangs and more. I will go into more detail below, but I very much enjoy the challenge of dealing with repeat offenders over the course of a shift, by enforcing appropriate times in the brig and having to deal with shenanigans after. Again, the goal is fun, not killing the antagonist necessarily. I amend this when necessary if other crew members are being killed or negatively affected.

I am familiar with what tools are useful for what enemies, and a variety of ways of dealing with powerful beings. Glasses of acid for Wiz, fire and stun for ling and vamp, laser for blob up to a point, and of course the power of teamwork for many of these as well. I am a mentor as well, and aware of how to play a variety of other roles well including roboticist, doctor, engineer, chef and more. I have a solid grasp of the game mechanics, though I have also learned to play within my role and that powergaming doesn't add to the fun. 

I also have experience as both sec and AI helping sec, in coordinating, communicating and tracking suspects. Working well as a team improves efficacy enormously and being awesome as a team is fun as heck. Seeing how other crew help is interesting too, and if you do your job well you can give people space to help develop solutions to scary station situations as well. The wizard might be rampaging, but if you make him run away long enough maybe science can get that glass of acid ready faster.

Answer two or more of the following:
  • What advice would you give to other sec players?
Think about what you are doing as it relates to the player/s you are interacting with, and make things fun or interesting. Try to engage in conversation with your quarry once they are secure. They might be mad at being caught, but you can try to entertain them still!

• What was one of your favorite security moments? (Either playing as a sec officer or interacting with one)
  • What game improvements or changes do you think would benefit security players?
There have already been quite a few changes, especially to stamina and stun, that are great, but for quality of life an easier way to get a new stun baton or taser for late game when normal avenues may have been exhausted. Im not sure how much of a balance issue it would be, but even having to pay for them would be great. Latejoining as sec leads to scavenging sometimes depending on the round.

• Describe any differences in your playstyle when part of a full security team and when being the only security officer.
Answer one or more of the following fun questions (because it's important for the HoS to be fun):
  • Write a poem to convey your thoughts on security/NanoTrasen/space/bees/anything related to SS13.
  • What's a security gimmick that you've ran or wanted to run?
I have recently gotten into chess and would love to run a gimmick where if you beat me in chess you go free and/or get amnesty for crimes of a certain level (minor theft etc) in the future. Would be optional since with the in game chess board it can take a bit to finish a game!
  • Draw a picture!
Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I have had two previous bans

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=6152

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=4311
Coulda sworn Sam Eagle was already an HoS
<3, I applied for Mentor only, just after the Mentor and HoS application process was split because I felt like I didn't have enough Sec experience at that stage.
Yes from me
(12-13-2019, 04:40 PM)OMJ Wrote: Yes from me

not empty quoting
Sam isnt a hos? WHAT? +2. Yes, I am allowed to do a +2.
Sam is a great police officer, +1
Sam's a pretty good cop, I definitely enjoy having him on my team when playing HoS.
+1. Each round with him as security been a lot more enjoyable.