Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Adds wall-mounted rechargers
Now updated to work in 2020!
I also updated the sprites a bit to give then a bit more glow, and added an "error" state for them!
[Image: ldvrtAX.gif]
For the longest time I wondered to myself, why do we not yet have wall-mounted rechargers? the standard ones have to be put on a table, and since there are plenty of places where they are placed like this the space they take up tends to add up quite a bit... that and they just look tacky in some places *coughsecuritycough.*

And for some reason I just waited for a while expecting someone else to do this. It didn't happen!!
So I did it!!!

Pretty gif of the charger in action!
[Image: KIuqJk1.gif]

Functionally these are completely identical to normal rechargers! These just look a little nicer and don't take up valuable walking space!

I have also created a "sticky" variant of these that automagically sticks itself to a wall depending on which direction it is facing!
[Image: o9mTIPz.gif]

And speaking of mapping, I'd like to open a discussion about where these would best be put! Here's one spot I think they could go in Cog 1's Sec, for instance.

[Image: s8kyKKa.png]

Any other ideas on places for these wall chargers to go are very welcome!

PR: RY-04:
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation-2020/pull/27
How has no one thought of this before?! Good patch, I support!
good idea!
+10 amazing QoL patch
These are great. Should have been in a long time ago.
Oh yes please, I get so tired of running around looking for an inconvenient table charger.
Wasn't a coder already implementing this patch? It's been here for a while and I'm wondering what happened or if it needs to be picked up
(01-21-2020, 12:15 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: Wasn't a coder already implementing this patch? It's been here for a while and I'm wondering what happened or if it needs to be picked up

Yeah, Potato had done a bit of integration work on them. I guess life got in the way though, as from the sounds of it he was pretty tired and busy.
[Image: DnvuiTQ.png]
(01-22-2020, 07:57 AM)Ryumi Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 12:15 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: Wasn't a coder already implementing this patch? It's been here for a while and I'm wondering what happened or if it needs to be picked up

Yeah, Potato had done a bit of integration work on them. I guess life got in the way though, as from the sounds of it he was pretty tired and busy.

No longer necessary, as I have done all this myself now!  queen greater domestic space-bee
merged