Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Limit stripping to one item at a time
You should only be able to take one item off of somebody at a time. As it currently stands you can remove everything a person has on them in the time it takes them to recover from being knocked out. This really kind of sucks, especially if you're a traitor who just got robusted and now can't do anything.

If stripping was limited to one item at a time then it becomes much more tactical. Do I take off their backpack in case they have some weapon inside? Or their shoes in case they have a derringer? It gives much more of a chance to the stripee to get up and pull something out, or even run away because they still have their ID for once.

Now sec certainly shouldn't be completely stripping people anyway, but this also allows traitors more chance to try something as they are tediously stripped, possibly even left with certain items because the security officer didn't want to spend even more time taking off a single item.

In short, completely stripping someone is far too easy and a really cheap way to completely fuck someone over. Also some of the lesser used traitor items might have more use if stripping worked like this.
Not much to add to this, this idea is solid.
This idea is good, adds tactics to the game. A firm "thumbs up" to this.
addendum suggestion: tie length of time it takes to remove something to the size of the object

tiny objects (headsets, sunglasses, ID cards, breathmasks) should take even less time to remove than they do now, you're just ripping it off their face/uniform anyway
bulky objects (tanks, exosuits) would take longest

this would also make gas masks a little more useful than breathmasks cause they'd take longer for the changeling/vampire to rip off. I guess
Stripping people of everything in such short time is only used by people that do shitty gimmicks AKA banana slip, nobody else.

If a traitor would want to strip you then it wouldn't help you because those traitors usually stun-spam you till you get all your shit removed.

Neverthless that idea is pretty good, I'd like it added.
Stonekill Wrote:If a traitor would want to strip you then it wouldn't help you because those traitors usually stun-spam you till you get all your shit removed.

It will help you because it will take much longer to do, therefore increasing the chances you would be discovered/rescued in time.
I'm going to have to disagree with you, Stonekill. Whether it's an assistant who lubed a hallway, a security guard detaining me, or the traitor who conked me in the head with a saber, every single time I'm down and somebody strips me, they go whole hog. I can probably count on two hands the number of times, total, that somebody pulls something off me and doesn't completely strip me. It's just so much easier to pull everything off, it lets you check pockets for extra goodies, makes the person that much less likely to pose a threat or try to break out, it's a very useful crutch for people. Unless somebody is just out to get something from you, like a changeling that wants to eat you or a bully that wants your pocket change, they go for the full strip 95% of the time.

And yes, they're shit for doing it, and yes it has a place and a time, but I still think this would be 100% a change for the better.
Stonekill Wrote:If a traitor would want to strip you then it wouldn't help you because those traitors usually stun-spam you till you get all your shit removed.

This is it. Whoever is hellbent on stripping you raw will just keep stunning you. Whether a traitor or an obnoxious officer that MUST put you in the orange suit.

mozi Wrote:addendum suggestion: tie length of time it takes to remove something to the size of the object

tiny objects (headsets [...]) should take even less time to remove than they do now, you're just ripping it off their face/uniform anyway

When someone gets me (unless it's obvious grief) I never yell name, location and crime, just some incongruous plead for help. Because giving everything out on a traitor is... pretty bad.
But the time it takes to remove a headset is good as it is. Not so long to be completely coherent when you ask for help, but long enough not to guarantee that who stuns first has won the fight.

I really don't know what problems this suggestion would solve. Whoever is stripping you will either have a weapon already or pick one first thing from your belt or backpack.
Clarks Wrote:

This is it. Whoever is hellbent on stripping you raw will just keep stunning you. Whether a traitor or an obnoxious officer that MUST put you in the orange suit.

A taser has only a set amount of stuns, as does a flash, as does a stun baton. If you really really want to strip someone totally naked, then you are wasting your charge.
It's pretty awful if you get stunned then an beady eyed assistant comes along and strips you of literally everything in a matter of seconds. Not that i'm blaming the assistant, i'd probably do it too if I saw something nice on a player, but with this it would encourage the thief to be selective in their approach.

An officer that wants to put a orange suit on you.. well.. he shouldn't have to keep you in stun lock to do it if you are cuffed so I don't see your point.
Sundance Wrote:An officer that wants to put a orange suit on you.. well.. he shouldn't have to keep you in stun lock to do it if you are cuffed so I don't see your point.

That's the point... when a terrible officer wants to fully strip you and dress you they already keep stunning until you're down the genpop chute.
Making the process slightly longer would not deter them, that sort of officer is already THAT bad.

And the better kind of officer doesn't need a disincentive to leave you most of your stuff, it already happens.
There are a lot of ways to completely strip somebody without stun locking them. Sure a traitor with a stun baton could still waste all his charge keeping you stunned to steal everything you have on you, but it would take a lot of time and waste a lot of charge. The main thing this would stop though is getting pushed to the floor or knocked out and then being unable to do anything when you get back up because all your shit is lying on the floor.
There's also the fact that people might not strip search as much if it was a tedious process, or if they still do you'll have more chance to call out how shit they are for doing it.
We already had this discussion:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1195&p=12499

In my very not humble opinion, this doesn't add anything worthwhile to the game.
Also the consequences would be pretty damn frustrating for a changeling who already has a relatively limited timeframe between spitting and the dude getting up yelling his location.
Why not just make specific items take longer to strip.

A sec uniform is probably fancy with lots of buttons. Thus in order to be believable, it's harder to take off.

A assistant uniform looks like a grey sweatshirt and sweatpant, complete with stretchy thing so the pants stay on. This explains why fat assistants can still have clothes.

Gas tanks are heavy, PDA's and ID's are small, as are headsets.

Just give certain items a size/time ratio so that big items or complicated items take longer to remove.

Keep the bulk stripping but make complicated items take longer to remove then everything else.
That would probably be easy enough, just use the w_class (weight class) variable as a delay multiplier. Weight class is what determines whether something fits in pockets, boxes, bags, how many of that thing will fit in a bag, etc.