Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Rev flashes fail to break loyalty implants.
According to the August 17th, 2019 update, rev heads can still convert people with loyalty implant if they use the revolutionary flash, but it takes a long time. 

Currently, however, this simply doesn't happen. If you get stunned by the rev flash as a loyalty-implanted crew member, you just get stunned for longer than usual, as if the revflash was extending the stun duration to facilitate implant deprogramming, but the breaking process doesn't actually happen. You still have the implant after a half a minute, and the revs will probably just murder you than bother with removing your implant.

This issues's been going on for a few months now; I've heard a few others mention it. I ahelped it one round, and got a reply from somepotato saying it might have been changed to full immunity, no deprogramming possible. I don't remember, and can't find records of, any other coder confirming this, and I hope it's not one of those changes that isn't announced in the changelog, because it seems important enough to warrant it. If it was changed, I could see a reason why it was implemented, but then what about the extended stun?
I'm assuming the game was printing out the message "[] seems unwilling to revolt." instead of "There seems to be something preventing [] from revolting."

if so, ive shuffled around the order of operations on some stuff and it might be fixed now. didn't test yet because its a pain to test it locally