Ryumi's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Jeni Denton
BYOND username: Gowst
Discord username (if you are on our discord): RYUMI#0018
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Goon servers you play: Both 1 and 2

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):
I've found myself helping players ingame many times now. Explaining mechanics both niche and basic, helping with controls, the like. I think I'd be able to help more effectively as a mentor. I've been playing on Goon on and off for the past... I believe 3 years? However I've not really stuck as much as I have over the past 4 months. I've dabbled in every job in the game (except HoS of course) at least once or twice if not hundreds of times by now. Despite that I find myself most often playing around with and experimenting with the mechanics of the game, and naturally doing that over time as I have tends to translate in a broad experience with Goon as a whole.

Truth be told, I still find myself mentorhelping on occasion when I discover something new that I can't easily find info for on the wiki, but I've found this to be part of the experience of playing here - always something new to find and do! Since I've spent plenty of time floundering around trying to figure out mechanics (i.e. packets and DWAINE.) I know how frustrating it is to feel as if you're not getting any feedback from the game to help you figure out what you're doing, and there's nobody around to answer your question. I'd like to help others avoid that same headache.

And despite having to still ask for help on occasion I've found that I have learned more about the game by now than many players. In some cases it doesn't surprise me why the knowledge is still obscure (again, i.e. packets and DWAINE,) but in others I find that players tend to overthink the complexity of some mechanics, like botany mechanics. I think a good solution to this problem is to help a player understand that while there are some gameplay elements on Goon that are quite complex, there are plenty others that aren't as bad as they may seem at a first glance. Helping a new player overcome the intimidation over getting into SS13 with its clusterfuck of mechanics is something that I think is the most important thing to help them with first and foremost. Because not only have we all been there but I still remember that feeling of confusion and embarrassment over still not knowing how to do something as simple as lighting a cigar in your mouth. New players should feel a more welcoming feeling from the game because of that, and I'd like to be one of the people to help them with it!

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): None
I haven't seen Jeni in-game for a good while now but that's because of my own hiatus, and I have pretty good memories from when I did see you. This application is very well-written and your behaviour on the discord especially makes me think you'll make a great mentor, +1 from me.
Jeni is knowledgeable and has good attitude, the application is also-well written. I give a +1.
Yusyusyus +1
Absolutely +1. The experiences I've had with Jeni have been phenomenal. She's very kind and has taught me a few things that I didn't know before and would not have found out by myself. I have never noticed her being condescending or rude toward other players. She's always very pleasant to play with, whether we be on opposing sides or playing as a team via AI/cyborg or security. I've noticed she's very familiar with every role I've seen her play, so I think she'd be a perfect fit for mentor as she's very capable of teaching the less experienced.
If she had asked, i would have put my name down as a recommendation.

Gowst is knowledgeable and I've never once had a bad experience with her in-game. She'd make a great mentor.
Jeni is a fun, friendly person who should be purple!

+1
I have no doubt Jeni would be a fantastic fit for the mentor team, having known her behavior in-game and out. A definite +1 from me.
Definitely yes, knowledgeable, reliable and trustworthy

+1
+1 shes cool beans
Gowst is helpful and also writes good chem hints. +1
Yes! Ryumi is a fun, helpful, and very positive player and would make a great mentor!
Ryumi solid af.
purp