Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reinforce chemistry
With chemistry frequently (every round) looking like this from industrial accidents:

[Image: XTfqsiD.jpg]

Would it be an idea to reinforce the floor in chemistry - make it relatively explosive proof and add reinforced outer walls?

Accidents are going to be inevitable with the new chemistry, and would help people pick up the pieces a little more easily. Saying that, it does seem to get rebuilt on occasion by dedicated scientists.
Maybe instead put a floor bot in the science closet where they always get their precious precious welding fuel.
Damn Adam Holdemann making stuff in the name of Science.

Yes. Something like that. I do like the idea.
Chemistry turning into a smoldering wreck halfway into the round is part of the job's charm. I love that there are cool and awesome chemicals that are just as likely to fuck you up as they are someone else.

Don't reinforce the floors, but maybe give science a starter pile of floor tiles(or maybe not even that, make them go bug the QM or scrounge them up). Chemistry is already enough of a fortress with their shutters and chemist mentality that there should be some reason for them to go out and actually interact with the rest of the station every so often.
No. Just get a stack of metal or grab the floorbot from the warehouse, and feel free to throw out any chemists who blow holes in the floor.
Yeah sure, lets make engineers job a little redundant. Actually, lets make all of the station reinforced, and replace engineers with floorbots, and make the engine automated. v
You see where i'm going with this? Sometimes stuff needs to be repaired, and that's the fun of it.
If you're going to break the floor every round, why not do a common courtesy and collect a bunch of rods and reinforce the floor yourself. I'm pretty sure it's rods+tileless floor.