Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wall mounted defibs
Defibs are pretty necessary, but not always that easy to come by.  Why not take a page from real life and have defibs that are mounted on the wall?  Run off of station power, can't be taken too far from the wall or they snap back like a telephone handset.  When emagged they lose their safety limiters.  Hotwire the engine and blow people up!

Good locations would include the emergency shuttle, security, chemistry, engineering, and mining.
Medical Grilles Demonology 101
Honestly they would be a nice addition, though likely rarely used/mostly used for antag shenanigans. But nice nonetheless.
(12-07-2019, 06:05 PM)Camnui Wrote: Honestly they would be a nice addition, though likely rarely used/mostly used for antag shenanigans. But nice nonetheless.

Agreed. I like this idea and would like to see it added, but I'm also concerned they won't be used. This may be different through if it was put on the emergency shuttle say, somewhere near or next to the fire supplies. Folks seem to be more willing to heal others while on there.
Slowly dying of cardiac arrest on the emergency shuttle is what gave me the idea, to be honest. The bar/cafeteria would be another good place for them, that's where I usually see them in real life. I guess you could put one in medbay as well but most medbays are well-stocked with defibs and those that aren't probably need more added. (Looking at you, Oshan and Manta)

Overall the emergency shuttle, security, and mining are probably the best places for them, the emergency shuttle because if no one has a defib or charged stun baton there's no way to get them, security because dying there tends to get you treated if anyone's around, and mining because it's so damn far away from medical.