Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Mediborg beaker becomes unusable
Twice in one round the 3rd beaker became greyed out and inaccessible. The display appeared to indicate that the beaker was in my "hand" but wasn't.

I had all my limbs both times, tried using restore on it and only a hard module reset fixed it each time (which meant I lost the chems I'd made). I don't know for sure what caused it or how to replicate but I know it was after refilling hypospray and hitting restore on both, later noticing the bug when I went to refill again.

I'll see if I can replicate it when I next play borgo.

[Image: FjdQ5ez.png]
Just played mediborg again and I think I've narrowed down the bug. The bug only started when I started using the "normal" chem UI rather than the UI that borg get for chems.

I placed my beaker in and started to make Pentetic Acid, I hit eject beaker and a second beaker appears on the chem dispenser with the same solution as my internal beaker. If I hit store, both beakers vanish, likewise if I splash the beaker on myself, the solution in both vanishes. I can only assume that last time I didn't hit eject beaker, as I don't need to with the borg UI and that caused the internal beaker to somehow get locked into the chem dispenser so that when I hit store, I no longer had access to the internal one.

TLDR: Using the easier to use chem UI rather than the borg UI seems to sometimes cause issues if you forget to eject beaker.
Yeah this has been a longstanding bug and every time I seriously beaker borg I can't seem to avoid the dang thing no matter how hard I try. Unfortunately from what I've heard borg code is hell.