Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vampire Bloodsucking Change
A lot of people have talked about vampires being so OP in-game, and I had an idea for a way of sorts to balance it out. What if when a vampire is sucking blood, they ingest some of the chemicals in the body of the target. This not only gives players a chance to sully their corpses by ingesting dangerous chemicals, but it can also be used to create holy water vaccinations. Vampires would also have to be selective of their targets, as consuming inebriated staff would in turn make the vampire drunk as well.
Blood cap is going to be a thing soon, i.e: People have a set amount of blood in them.
This paves the way for blood transfusions, but also means vampires can't constantly suck the blood from somebody.
This is good, but I do believe vampire needs a tweaking aside from this. I sucked 5 people, all of which was incredibly easy, and I was fully powered unstunnable vampire that could see everything and was invisible in the shadows. When 3 security came, all I had to do was screech, summon bats and take a stun baton off them and all of them were doomed.
Eventually it got too easy and actually boring and me and the admin abomination stopped killing and started to help people.

I recommend instead of nerfing everything, give everything a blood cost, while upping hypnotise's blood cost and lowering its sleeping effect.
It's a bit ridiculous that glare, rejuvenate (especially at full power where you can heal yourself) and that chiropteran screech costs absolutely no blood whatsoever.
Are you sure it doesn't already work this way? I could have swore I ended up drunk as a vampire after feeding on a drunk captain once.
I hope the blood transfusion system causes horrible ailments to occur with a transfusion mismatch so people incapacitate themselves trying to shoot up AB chaplain blood to stay safe
mozi Wrote:I hope the blood transfusion system causes horrible ailments to occur with a transfusion mismatch so people incapacitate themselves trying to shoot up AB chaplain blood to stay safe
When blood transfusion is in, all chaplains should have AB blood despite their settings.
mozi Wrote:I hope the blood transfusion system causes horrible ailments to occur with a transfusion mismatch so people incapacitate themselves trying to shoot up AB chaplain blood to stay safe
I was recently thinking that when transfusions get added the ability to pick your bloodtype should be removed, because otherwise 99% of the station will have the default bloodtype and the other 1% will die whenever they lose blood.
Readster Wrote:
I was recently thinking that when transfusions get added the ability to pick your bloodtype should be removed, because otherwise 99% of the station will have the default bloodtype and the other 1% will die whenever they lose blood.

Exactly. Everyone will choose to have AB blood.
otoh anyone who picks the Universal Donor bloodtype could make some money selling packets of their blood so we'll see whether selfishness trumps entrepreneurialship
I don't see transfusions and blood donations coming into play very often. The station is bound to have a decent supply of blood and/or QM can order more. Otherwise it will be far too troublesome a process.

Also, there still isn't much incentive to making money. Stuff you can buy are either so expensive that minor transactions make no difference or so cheap that your starting cash is sufficient.
It's weird, Vampires have a ton of hard counters lying around, but none of them ever seem to get used. I, myself, rarely ever pick up the actual stuff that would make me able to whip some undead ass, even when I know there's a vampire on the station. Sunglasses are supposed to protect against glare, (Again, I never seem to have any when the vamp's on, so I don't have firsthand experience with this, and they might not?) earmuffs protect against screech, and I've taken down an entire swarm of bats before in ten seconds with a lit welder.

I dunno, it's like it's hard to really conceive of a vampire being a big threat in the same way that an abomination is, and so you just don't really give a shit up until the point where the mega-vamp is striding down the halls with his enormous bat posse, utterly wrecking each and every person unlucky enough to cross his path.
Captain_Bravo Wrote:(Again, I never seem to have any when the vamp's on, so I don't have firsthand experience with this, and they might not?)

unless it was changed without being announced, sunglasses/weldmasks don't seem to block glare.
Well that seems kind of terrible, then.
I miss the old vampire where they were well balanced and fun to fight against and fun to play. But then all you whiners had to make it an even easier roll to fill.

Also, no antag is 'OP' they are just easier to use. The game is made to be skewed in the antags favor and thats just how it is.
I think the big problem is that vamps start with a free crowd control stun in the form of Glare, then they get ANOTHER, even better one with Screech. It makes getting near one in his mid-late powerset really, really hard if you don't have the proper gear, and since glare isn't blockable even the proper gear doesn't help much.

Maybe glare should start off with a radius that extends only to directly next to you, then upgrades to what it is now once you have a bunch more blood. And sunglasses and welding helmets should definitely block it, too.

Klayboxx Wrote:I miss the old vampire where they were well balanced and fun to fight against

I completely disagree. You pretty much had to find a braindead guy or convince genetics to hand over a monkeyman to have a good chance of getting any blood and powers without your name and location being broadcast twenty times in allcaps. You could get by on luck and a little cleverness, but it was a lot more luck most of the time.