Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ways for botanists to make fertilizers
As it stands, important chemical fertilizers like saltpetre and maybe potash are involved and tricky to make via chemistry. Perhaps Hydroponics could get a biomatter recycler that you cram plant matter into to store as biomatter that the machine can convert into a botany item/substance of your choice? It would of course take a lot more plant matter to make the biomatter needed for fertilizers, but it would at least give botanists a much more accessible and renewable source of fertilizer.

That's just one idea though. What other methods could botanists get to renew fertilizers?
what if you could recycle plants somehow to make nutrient compounds with a quantity based on the stats of the recycled plant

in other words, you could make a "potency nutrient compound" at some kind of efficiency rating that's like, 1u per 1000 total potency stat recycled

functionally it wouldn't actually be any better than saltpetre at increasing stats, but it could eliminate concerns about giving botanists infinite easy black powder while also letting them target specific genes at an expensive rate of exchange
(12-03-2019, 12:05 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: what if you could recycle plants somehow to make nutrient compounds with a quantity based on the stats of the recycled plant

in other words, you could make a "potency nutrient compound"  at some kind of efficiency rating that's like, 1u per 1000 total potency stat recycled

functionally it wouldn't actually be any better than saltpetre at increasing stats, but it could eliminate concerns about giving botanists infinite easy black powder while also letting them target specific genes at an expensive rate of exchange

This. I like this.

I was worried about my suggestion because it could potentially mean easy renewable black powder, but this solution sounds more elegant and would still require a botanist to actually do their job of growing good plants. And since you can easily mass produce high potency plants once you get the ball rolling, it'd be a great way to spend all your excess produce instead of turning it into even more compost than you'll ever need.