Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Removing Reinforcement on Cyborg Parts
I'm getting sick of newish roboticists just reinforcing stuff while I'm not watching and making slow robots. I thought it was cool when I first started, but it seriously gimps the borgs when we do it. Can we have a way of removing the reinforcements on cyborg parts? Maybe with a welder or something?
It's amusing sometimes but yeah, tonight I was captain chonky rex.
The downside of that would be that we wouldn't be able to reinforce heads anymore and heads are pretty important. Moreover, I'm not sure why we'd *remove* part reinforcement when we could just, well, make heavier parts suck less.
No no no, I'm not saying to remove the ability to make heavy bots or parts. I'm saying allow us to remove the irreversible part of reinforcing a part. Sometimes people will just randomly reinforce things without realizing the consequences and then a bot gets stuck being super slow because there's not enough mats to swap the brain to a new body. And on top of that, it can take time to do a swap that could be better spent doing something else. What if we could just remove the reinforcement instead of starting over from scratch?

I'm down for buffing heavier parts too, though. Maybe we can get both things to happen some day.

EDIT: Added some stuff
Ooh, I just misunderstood you then. Makes sense!