Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Heart Self-Surgery
Alright, I used to be able to do this every time no problem like 3-4 months ago. But lately I've been trying and it has been INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT to perform this surgery on oneself. I've tried to do things in every which order... stocking up on healing meds, doing it with/without morphine, having a replacement heart in hand right after removal, having epinephrine in hand right after removal, and I run into the same thing every time: After the heart comes out, before the stun timer starts and I fall down, I literally can't do anything with my hands. I think the only time I've succeeded was when I had put like 4 other cyber organs in me before I started. Am I just bad or did something change? Is it even possible to do it reliably anymore?

And yeah, I know removing the heart empties the chems in your body but you used to be able to just shove the new heart in if you were quick enough.
You still can, you simply need to shove in the new heart before the next life cycle ticks over and permastuns you. I find that saw in one hand, cyberheart in the other is the best way, so just click with saw, PgUp, click again.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing but I'm using the E hotkey. I just can't put the heart in, I have about a second before the popup stuns me and I'm clicking madly but nothing happens and then it pops up and I'm dying on the floor. I use the E hotkey to switch hands and it rarely works, even if I'm just trying to hypospray myself. Is the hotkey bugged or something? Maybe lag is the problem?