Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
audio change feedback thread
Music 
this is about the one changing the volume of in-game sounds based on distance, not the one that lets you change the relative level of various sounds

i tweaked it so that sounds have to be further away before they start getting quiet. you should hear screams and farts much more 'loudly' than before, and also be able to hear them from farther away. someone sloshing their way through some flooded corridor should now be audible!

if you have any feedback (too loud? too far?) feel free to post it since i just changed some numbers randomly
You can hear things from way, way too far away imo. On cog1 I'm hearing the engine over by the janitor's office and it's loud.
Admin played music. I closed game to fix a scree freeze bug. Music kept playing. Related?
Cog1 I could hear the chem machine noise from mining ?
I second that you can hear things from too far away. Especially the engine.
i believe the engine hum and grumble is supposed to be heard almost station-wide, its mentionned in a lot of older accounts of the game. the alarms, chem dispensers and junk, less so
(11-27-2019, 06:59 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: Admin played music. I closed game to fix a scree freeze bug. Music kept playing. Related?

I believe this is a weird byond quirk. I've definitely experienced this way before the audio tweak.
Could make for an ?interesting? event where you can hear every sound on the Z level as though they were right next to you.
At the hidden workshop, I was able to hear an amusing duck in the afterlife bar.
You used to not be able to hear things at the mineral magnet controls on Cog1. Now I can hear doors opening in mining/cargo hanger. Even if the void of space wasn't an issue it feels wrong for stuff in the mining/cargo area to be audible from there.
noticing a lot of audio cutoff where sounds inexplicably stop mid-playing. Happens often with screams.
I'm worried about early blob stealth, you could already hear them attack their way out of their starting room from a bit too far in my opinion, how is it now?
On Cog1 I can hear people in tech storage using computers from medbay
I changed it to fall off earlier, so it shouldn't produce "audible halfway across the station" sound (hopefully).

I also added a "Stop music" link when music starts playing. Toots
(12-02-2019, 05:45 PM)Zamujasa Wrote: I also added a "Stop music" link when music starts playing. Toots

IT WAS YOU!!!!!!!!