Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make Escape Pods Safer
(11-28-2019, 03:32 PM)Sick Ness Monster Wrote: I like the fact that the pods don't always get you to the shuttle - they shouldn't be the preferred meta of safely getting aboard the while avoiding an early hellmix or canbomb.

However, I've also noticed of late that it fails much more than it used to, and as others have already said when it arrives at the shuttle you'll probably be flung out and insta-killed. I reckon a balance should be kept between pods exploding or not arriving at the shuttle and it actually working - but if it makes it to the shuttle, you should be able to eject without any chance of being hurled away. Or the idea about it crashing into the shuttle - that'd be neat as well.

I feel like the most cohesive fix for this would be making it so no matter what, if you're next to a shuttle tile (even in the space) you don't get thrown back, on the basis that youre holding onto the shuttle, similar to spacewalking next to station tiles. But, if you go prone, are stunned, or step away from the shuttle... you're getting sucked out into the emptiness of space. Seems like this would fix the escape pod problem (climbing out next to the shuttle or angling yourself towards it quickly enough lets you grab on and try to climb into an airlock) while also making it still a risky maneuver (you gotta get there first, and even then there's no guarantee the shuttle occupants will let you in without a fight they definitely have the upper hand in first!)