HoS Application - Ensign Daeren
Usual Character Name: Ensign Daeren
BYOND Username: Daeren
Recommended by (if applicable): Marquesas, JohnFKennedy, maybe a few others
Times Available: Uhhh most days? I recently graduated college and my schedule is gonna probably change once I find a place to work/volunteer, and does this really make any difference on these applications unless you're from like Tasmania

Reason for Application (300 word minimum):

I offhandedly mentioned that I might apply for HoS now that tickets are in and several purple-text-havers jumped on it and told me to do so.

As for why I haven't until now, I'm going to quote myself from my mentor application:

Some Nerd Wrote:I'd apply for HoS as well, but I still get pretty pissed off when people fuck around with sec just to be douchebags so I don't think I'd wear the beret as well as it deserves. That, and my usual approach to dealing with terrible security officers as Captain when there's not a HoS around is to strip them naked, give them a no-access ID with the job title BEAT ME FOR PRIZES, and throw them out on their asses in an orange jumpsuit to get their shit kicked in by assistants.

The culture of demonizing anyone wearing red has cooled enough that I don't get Real Mad when I play security these days, and the new addition of tickets give me an outlet to be creative in 'punishing' petty crimes.

If given the cheap fast food beret, I promise to uphold fun rounds, space justice, summary executions of any and all boring rampagers, and elaborate, ultimately ineffectual punishments for traitors that entertain me or bribe me with fake mustaches. Also, relentlessly shitty officers WILL be demoted and farted upon over and over under my iron-fisted rule.

Security Experience (300 word minimum):

Usually most of my rounds in sec I hate my fellow officers enough that I go braindead, get drunk and shoot myself, throw myself into space, or otherwise wander around trying to avoid being associated with the fascist Keystone Kops. However, if the team's competent, or there's a great detective or HoS on, I assist them in any way I can. I also try to avoid brigging people unless I have to, usually stunning people and farting on them if it's petty, or letting heads determine what to do with traitors not actively murdering people. People running around with a knife/c-saber/chainsaw get stunned, choked to death, and hucked in the gibber, because come on, showing mercy to someone who just killed 17 people is fucking dumb. I may just hack off their arms at robotics and send them on their way as a HoS, though, if I can manage that. People with an artbox, I throw money at and beg for mercy. This rarely works.

In terms of combat prowess, I suck pretty badly the moment taser guns get involved on the opposing end, but I consider myself P Good at dirty tricks, cheap shots, refusing to give up so long as I'm not dead, and generally being a prick in a fight. To catch crimes, you need to fight like a crimes. Also I can get everybody in the spy team I was in a little while back to attest that I fought like a maniac in The Battle of Robotics.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): Most gripes I've had about it are fixed, it's still pretty easy to bust out of genpop but that's sort of the point.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): This question is p dumb

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): An old, old jobban from sciences when I turned a cluwne into a monkey with stable reagent, otherwise nothing.
Yeah. He's pretty fun and cool.
He's very qualified for the position especially with his grasp on how the station runs, yes.
I was on when Marquesas gave his OfficialTM recommendation, I definitely say Yes.
Yes.
Absolutely yes. Daeren is a really fun player.
I thought you were a hos already to be honest!! Yes.
Great player. Yes
I have never voiced my support for an HoS application before but this dude is tops. I play as mostly random names, so it's not like he could know I'm me, but every time I need help from him, he's helpful and every time he kills me, it's fun.

Yes.
For some reason whenever I'm being particularly shitty it's Daeren that ends up getting the brunt of it. Despite this, he's still always a great fun player and never holds a grudge. His experience and ability are probably evident to everyone here, so I can't add anything else, just a solid yes.
daeren for beret president 2013
It's not like he needs more support at this point, but this guy is one of my all-time favorite people to see on a Sec team. Give him the beret.
HoS he.
This guy should have gotten the Hats of Power long ago.

YES
Oh, I thought you were one already, silly me.

Yes.