Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned by simianc
Who banned you?: simianc
Byond Key: JustZar
Date of Ban: About  2 weeks ago
Specified Reason for Ban: Killing someone
Ban Length: Permanent
What led to the ban? As a nonantag Detective, murdered someone because they stole their hat. Attempted to murder the Head of Personnel when they tried to lower their access permissions. Wasn't online to discuss, please post a ban appeal on the forums so we can sort this out. 
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I am appealing because I believe my anger got the best of me and killing almost 2 people shouldn't be a Permaban I left the server because I had to step away from the computer because I did not want to get angrier.
Which rule did you break? Rule one Don't grief
Evasion Attempts: I have an alt acc
Normally this wouldn't warrant a permanent ban, but if we can't have a conversation with a player because they've logged off or refuse to respond, we apply a ban so we can sort things out via ban appeal.

Theft isn't justification enough for murdering someone as a non-antag, nor is it appropriate when the Head of Personnel is demoting you for said incident. Detectives are armed with less-lethal methods for dealing with situations like these, including flashes, stun rounds, or defusing the situation through conversation; Lethal rounds should be reserved for actual threat that require an immediate and deadly response. However, it looks to me that you understand what rules you broke and why it was wrong so I'll be lifting this in a moment.