Implements the idea from this thread:
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=13310

- Ice Cubes now cool down mobs inside of them at -40 degrees / cycle
- When Ice Cubes cool you down, they take 1 damage
- Cryosty no longer instantly cools you to 0
- Passive Cryosty cooling reduced from -50 to -10 per cycle
- Cryosty ice cube now has a health of volume ingested/5
- Cryoxadone now warms you up when it heals you at +35 degrees/cycle
- Cryoxadone now needs you to be at (base_temp - 100) instead of (base_temp - 45) to heal

some testing shows that the cryotubes still work just fine (which was the goal)

chill pills now essentially require ~44u of cryosty per ~6u of cryoxadone.

There are some optimizations to be found here by pre-chilling the reagents and such.

This also means that in order to heal someone, they need to not kick out of the cube or they won't stay cold for the duration.

This also means that popping a chill pill in the middle of battle is a bad idea, as the ice cube won't have enough health to last a determined onslaught

This also means that the cryostylene required for a proper ice cube is such that you'll be continuously chilled after the ice cube is over.

prpr: UM-036
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...6/pull/185
No real complaints here! looks good
I am interested in how this will affect cloning too since can the person in the cloning tube even be encased in ice when you pour/dissolve the mix in since they are technically inside a container already.
Not sure how I feel about the changes to cryoxadone, but the change to cryostylane and ice cubes sounds fine. Rather, making one of those changes. Because this really is just a balance change. I think making multiple changes in this way to balance one feature (the chill pills) will have unintended side effects. For tedious and weird example, spider cocoons are also ice cubes.

I can't quite decide between the two, the Ice Cube change makes sense logically (I always felt they should "melt"), but the cryostylane change is more specific to the chill pills, I think is a better change. Definitely one or both of these changes.

For cryoxadone - At the warming value you chose, +35 body temp per tick, this is now going to be the best chem for staying warm by a large margin. I think teporone or yohib are both only +15 each. I think it should definitely be lower than this and at that point, for this type of chem, I think it just doesn't make sense to add at all. But I think that having to be < ideal_body_temp-100 could be a good change, really though, it's not much at all, and body temp can fluctuate so fast that these values don't mean alot anyway.
Personally I like both the Cube change and the styline change to make them less potent battle healers, but, the level of that cryox warming worries me far less, because it only occurs when it is healing, as a natural balancing factor. Can't run the math on exactly where it'd balance, but there'd be a point.
(11-19-2019, 12:59 AM)kyle2143 Wrote: Not sure how I feel about the changes to cryoxadone, but the change to cryostylane and ice cubes sounds fine. Rather, making one of those changes. Because this really is just a balance change. I think making multiple changes in this way to balance one feature (the chill pills) will have unintended side effects. For tedious and weird example, spider cocoons are also ice cubes.

I can't quite decide between the two, the Ice Cube change makes sense logically (I always felt they should "melt"), but the cryostylane change is more specific to the chill pills, I think is a better change. Definitely one or both of these changes.

For cryoxadone - At the warming value you chose, +35 body temp per tick, this is now going to be the best chem for staying warm by a large margin. I think teporone or yohib are both only +15 each. I think it should definitely be lower than this and at that point, for this type of chem, I think it just doesn't make sense to add at all.  But I think that having to be < ideal_body_temp-100 could be a good change, really though, it's not much at all, and body temp can fluctuate so fast that these values don't mean alot anyway.

I feel like all three changes, ice cube change, the cryox change, and the cryosty change are necessary to have an effect.

look at the numbers: cryosty instantly sets you to 0 temp, then cools you an additional 50 per tick. if you lower both of those, cryosty suddenly becomes useless for chilling people. it's main purpose

so I changed ice cubes to make the cooling gradual over time instead of instant, and now they're a "bonus" chill on top of the cryosty that requires you to stay still or you'll cancel it.

but then we haven't solved anything, because you'll rapidly get so cold that it doesn't matter; so I lowered the temp needed for cryox to heal you and gave it a mitigating warming factor.

the warming factor only kicks in when it heals you; it won't be good for restoring body temps (another reason I lowered the healing threshold to -100). without it, you cool down so rapidly that you hit temps such that it doesn't matter that the cooling is over time; it'll still be practically instant. if you're using cryox to maintain a body temp of -100, compared to how easy teporone is to make to actually get back to base body temp, feel free imo

and don't worry about ice spiders and wizards; 1 health per tick is nothing compared to the normal kickout that peeps can do compared to the 100-200 health their cubes have.

these things exist in an ecosystem; changing one without changing all of them will be either useless or too severe a nerf
Will the cryoxadone temperature change also affect how fast the cryo tubes work?
(11-19-2019, 07:30 AM)Leeanei Wrote: Will the cryoxadone temperature change also affect how fast the cryo tubes work?

tubes cool you faster than the warming, so they keep you nice and frosty a fancy greater domestic space-bee

I tested them, and chill pills, by caving my skull in with three csaber hits and jumping in. both worked just fine, other than the profuse bleeding smile
I have only had a small amount of experience with chill pills, using them as a last line panic healing medication.

If this change means they are still capable of doing that, but less of a battle medicine, I'm all for that sort of balancing.
I think this is a very interesting change! I love how you made chill pills behave more like cryo tubes, hope this gets in!
following a discussion in discord, I think I'm going to push a change to this commit where it *literally* only raises your temp if it heals you, perhaps even proportional to the amount healed
Just pushed the adjustments.

- Cryox heating changed from 35 to 25
- Cryox heating is now proportional to the amount healed
merged