Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Disarm will sometimes display the wrong text and play the wrong sound.
Disarming a weapon from someone will sometimes show the generic shove text and make the generic sound instead of the specialized text and sound. Important in fights where audio/visual cues can help to tell when you've been disarmed.

This thread was created in response to two seperate instances of this happening, which I think affected the round:

1) Wielding a csaber, I get disarmed and the generic text/sound plays, csaber disappears completely. There was cleaner foam on the ground so I assumed that somehow the csaber got deleted right out of my hands until the foam faded and it was resting on a table nearby.

2) Same round, there's a Captain chasing me around with a stun baton, so I disarm spam him and the first successful disarm puts him down, dropping his baton, with the same issue; generic text and no special noise. I think this was less critical at the time since I could visually see him drop to the floor and drop the baton; in example 1, I didn't go down at all.
Maybe the problem is that it isn't the weapon being disarmed? That is, just shoving them over would also cause them to drop anything theyre holding due to stun or whatever. So i guess the problem is that the "shove them over since they have nothing to disarm" part of whatever function is being called when it shouldnt be.