Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vampire stuff!
Hey there, just a forewarning, this isn't going to be some super well-thought out thread. Had some ideas and figured I would spitball them and see what people thought. Anyway, I've had vampire disabled for a while now because in my opinion, it isn't very...enjoyable? From the rounds I have played as one, it has always been a very linear, dull experience. Gather as much blood as possible and hope you don't get your ass kicked by the crew. I've always viewed them as a bootleg changeling. So, I figured that perhaps a way to improve the quality of the vampire role, would be to introduce something akin to an organized group, a coven. 

I am well aware that Thralls already exist, however I believe that there is a serious missed opportunity when it comes to 'expanding' your powers as a vampire and I believe that having the ability to transform other crew into vampires (perhaps a less powerful version?) would be pretty damn cool. Obviously these transformations would need to be capped at a pretty small number to prevent complete infection of the crew. I believe it should also be locked behind a "decent" (800? More?) amount of blood, so that the ability would be unlocked somewhere around the middle of the shift so that the coven didn't grow too out of control too early on. 

I understand that this sounds like it may make Thralls redundant, but I believe that a coven of sorts would introduce an interesting teamwork aspect to being a vampire that isn't really there. Bonuses to having a coven would obviously be extra communication and having other "powerful" beings to rely upon when you get into a sticky situation. You could work together to grab blood for the coven or your thralls, if you have any. They would have the basic ability to gather their own blood via biting and all that jazz, however they would be incapable of making more thralls themselves. This would be the job of the "coven lord". Perhaps, if this is even possible, coven members would receive a (small?) buff to stamina and health regen within the vicinity of another coven member. Coven members should also receive some form of symbol on their end (like gangs) to indicate who they're teamed up with. Small things like that. It would make them a formidable creature to deal with, because the vampires that I have seen and played as are usually dealt with pretty swiftly by a hoard of crew if they're caught.

Anyway, let me know what you think and shoot your own suggestions if you have any! Thanks for taking the time to read.
Now that we have new smoke, how about a vampire mist that creates a special smoke cloud that obscures non vampires vision.

A Shadowy disguise they can take that obscures their voice and appearance in darkness

A purple werewolf beast form as shambler equivalent

An vampire familiar they can summon from the ghost players that can transform into various critters to help the vampire
what if a vampire can transform a thrall into a random deadly critter (like a queen clown or a big wolf or a lion or bear or wendigo or some cool dangerous beast) for like the cost of 500 blood or something like that
I really like this idea. The thralls would need not to be as strong as an actual vampire - maybe create a number of subforms that thralls could randomly become, kind of like Vampire: The Masquerade 2? In that, you start off as a minor vampire who can either turn into an animal, become mist or use telekinesis, if I recall correctly. I think it'd be important that killing the head vampire would devamp all of the thralls, as per the common trope.

It'd also be important to balance it out however, so that everyone doesn't just up and join the vampire gang because why not. Maybe make thralls take increased damage from certain things? Like, more severe weaknesses than the normal vampire has, or additional ones.
bump because vampires creating thralls that can actually do things or look cool is a great idea