Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
ASS DAY feedback, evolution, ideas. [Gimme Your Thinks]
The idea isn't "remove the chaos from ass day", it's "add actual chaos to ass day instead of it being a slog if there's no admins on". In my experiences, just having ass day rules applied make rounds slow and sloggy and feel less chaotic than actual, normal rounds. This is because there's nobody trying to muster a legitimate response to antagonist stuff, for example, if someone decides to release plasma in medbay as a traitor on a normal round, that causes real gameplay implications where doctors have to do their healing somewhere else and that whole section of the map is disabled. On Ass Day, nobody really cares so it doesn't have any actual impact. Less reaction = less feeling of chaos, imo.

Admin gimmicks are the fun part of ass day, but it shouldn't be supported entirely by admin gimmicks alone. There's never going to be a consistent 24h stream of admins playing gimmicks, it takes a significant amount of energy and effort to run a gimmick that people find fun. The mentor gimmick idea has merit I think but it'd also depend on certain people being on who are able to run gimmicks. In fact, having no griefing rules makes some fun, chaotic gimmicks harder to run that normal, and feels somewhat limiting sometimes. Anything that admins do now for ass day, they could do the same or better with these changes.

By letting people people vote from a selection of batshit insane modes instead of having it just be "low effort grief day where admins have to work to actually make it fun", you'd maintain the chaotic energy of ass day, still hopefully appealing to those people who never play the game and only pop on for a round or two on ass day, while also not driving a large part of the core playerbase away like it does now. Giving the players agency to choose "I don't want an Ass Day Classic, I want a (this is just an example) vampire gang hell round" is flatly good in my eyes, players can still choose to do things the old way if they actually want to, and if they don't and think that's kind of stale they can do something equally chaotic (actually more chaotic in my eyes) that they'd prefer. Gives the playerbase what they want instead of making them leave!

My whole idea here is "Keep the chaotic energy and 'what people like about ass day', but without driving away a large chunk of our playerbase." I really don't emphasize with "If you don't like it, don't play it!" when people are suggesting ways to hopefully make the event more fun without actually driving away anyone. I don't see why we need to have a day where a large chunk of our playerbase packs it up and plays on RP or some other server instead, that just seems like catering to a specific type of player instead of trying to make a more widely enjoyable experience.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ASS DAY feedback, evolution, ideas. [Gimme Your Thinks] - by Flaborized - 11-19-2019, 08:09 AM