Hokie's Mentor App
Usual Character Name: Pokie Hokerson
BYOND Username: Hokie
Recommended by (if applicable): N/A
Times Available: Usually from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm EST. Usually, if not always, on LLJK #1

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum):

I am applying today because I pretty much want to help new people learn the game. I will also use the position as an opportunity to continue learning about the game and generally improving myself too, I guess. I also try to have good relations with both other players and admins too, so I’ll try to cooperate as best as I can, if needed.

I started playing on Goonstation a little over a year ago, and would often play as AI or roboticist, jobs that were simple, but engaging. Now I usually play things that can go from simple, low-access jobs, to amazingly crazy gimmicks. Chaplain, assistant, and whatnot. I play heads sometimes too, but not all as often as I used to, but I still know how their roles work. I am not, however, too experienced in science, as I have no clue the teleporter or toxins really work.

I’m alright at security, and can tell someone what someone should be arrested for and how long, though I’m not sure if that settles for gameplay mechanics that mentors usually cover. I’m alright at engineering too, though I personally prefer to work on repairs, rather than the engine. That being said, I can get the engine running, to some extent, and would be happy to try and instruct others on what I know about running the damn thing.

I have plenty of experience as AI too, and can help someone a little bit with interpreting their laws, if needed. I can do borg too, and give information to those who don’t know how being borg works. As simple as it sounds, I’m sure there have been situations where such a thing has happened.

I don’t really have much more to say other than what’s already been said. Thanks for giving this a read!

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): He's alright, I guess, all the movies sucked after the second one though.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Banned for 5 hours for IC in OOC.
I don't see you playing that often, but from the times we've talked you were smart and funny.

Friendly enough and should be able to help new players.

Yes.
Sure, Pokie's a cool guy and knows some things that could help people.

Yes from me.
Yes
Aye.
Yes.