Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Wziard Fireball's Floor Tile Destruction Is A Bit Much...
Fireball is pretty much a staple spell for wizards at this point. If there's a wizard round, one of the wizards most likely has fireball. It's a great spell, but the fact that it melts floor tiles is honestly annoying as hell. Even if the wizard misses you, they still render the room you're in and probably the next three connected rooms uninhabitable for the rest of the round depending on their size. Late joining into a wizard round usually ends up with you walking into a 100% vented station. And it's not just the lack of oxygen that's the most debilitating, it's the slowness. Wizards are super fast, every single wizard ability is an escape tool, and most of the time people are running after the wizard with 0[url=https://www.degreesymbol.net/][/url]°C slowness and dying of oxygen loss before they can even land a hit on a wizard. This causes wizard rounds to stretch 20 minutes past the point people are still enjoying the round.

I definitely feel fireball should remain as it is, except remove the ability for it to delete floor tiles on impact.
Tbf, crew should fix it. It's not that hard to carry around some floor tiles. IIRC from law giver chats, it's destructive ability is tied to it's damage. If you nerf one, you nerf the other.
Yeah the crew should be able to fix small stuff like holes in the floor. Thats not a big deal. Half the fun is trying to keep the station going by fixing busted stuff.
I think that it's also important to realize that there's always going to be staple wizard spells. If you nerf fireball wizards will replace it with the next most useful thing they have. Would you rather wizards be slinging fireballs, or would you rather they take knock and raid the armory, or take teleport and be nearly uncatchable, or turn to the empower+ cthlulu combo? Which is more fun to play against? Antagonists are always going to screw things up and murder things on the station, that's part of the point of antagonists, to create conflict.
I mean once a wizard gets announced over the radio you're kinda dumb if you're not ordering and distributing steel to deal with the problem.

Or not. To be fair no one tries to fix the station cause no one seems to know how.
I feel like the issue with the crew not repairing stuff as often as it should is because of how annoying it is (or maybe used to be? not sure how it is right now) to bring back air and heat. Like, doesn't air pressure take forever to stabilize ? And what about heat ? Fuck this. I was told people don't even want atmos fixed because they wouldn't be able to roast the engine as much as they are able to now.
I find it pretty easy to replace floors and walls and stuff, but I've never actually successfully filled a room with air after the room was vented even though I've tried multiple times. That's the annoying part. It's easier for the experienced people to just grab personal o2 tanks and move on while ignoring newbies/unfortunates without tanks.
Best way to re-air in my experience is to grab an air tank, set it to 200, and drag it around while scanning the shit out of the place via gas analyzer til you hit 100.
It probably doesn't help that trying to fill a room with air is shittily done via AIR cans vs. Pure O2 cans, but even so, re-airing a place is a pain