Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivial DNR and Lings
Previously, getting eaten by a ling while having DNR set would prevent you from going into the hivemind.

Ever since a few weeks ago (?) getting eaten by a ling while having DNR set has had me enter the hivemind anyways.
Had this with borging getting around DNR recently, no monkey brain involved etc. DNR set way before death.
'Bout an hour ago from this post, I set DNR after decapitating myself via self-surgery and was absorbed by a ling I'd say ten minutes afterwards. Surprisingly, I did not get absorbed into the hivemind, and the ling said I couldn't be buttcrabbed. I also got set as Unknown after Re-entering my corpse, but I think that's a different bug.

Gowst/Ryumi was the ling who absorbed me, and saccharineChampion was online and saw it happen too. Latter offered the theory that maybe you have to be dead, then set yourself to DNR for it to work correctly, and that it might not work correctly if you set it while still alive.
I can confirm this is a thing.

I set myself to DNR after a particularily shitty round with some shitty players who felt they could do whatever they want as security and got frustrated when I found myself having to do what they said afterward as a cyborg.
(11-30-2019, 11:39 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Latter offered the theory that maybe you have to be dead, then set yourself to DNR for it to work correctly, and that it might not work correctly if you set it while still alive.

This jives with my experience-DNR has always worked for me, but I only set it to avoid being borged.